twenty | the last laugh

Start from the beginning

Theo opened his mouth to tell her that she referred to the ginger as 'Jerome' instead of 'Valeska' before he shook his head with a sigh and said to her, "Just do as I ask, Annabelle."

Annabelle was silent for a moment, which made both Jerome and Theo wonder what she was going to say before she said, "Fine, but first there are two things that you should know." When Theo nodded his head, she said, "The first being that whenever I'm like this, I tend to kill as many people as I like, no matter how long it takes, and things tend to get a little messy."

Theo nodded his head, while he asked her, "Okay, and what's the second thing?"

Annabelle crossed her arms over her chest, while she told him, "Jerome's standing outside of your office and listening to every word that's being said between the two of us. Isn't that right, Jerome?"

Then Jerome opened the door to the office and grinned at her as he chuckled before he said, "You don't miss much, do you, Anna?"

In turn, Annabelle said, "Hmm."

Then she turned around and left Theo's office.

Then she walked towards her bedroom to get some things with Jerome walking close behind her.

* * *

Annabelle let out a guttural groan as she released the headless body of yet another victim of hers, while she ignored Jerome, who was watching her every move.

After not being able to kill as many people as she wanted since she and the others had seven men thrown off of the roof of the Gotham Gazette, Annabelle couldn't help but to lose herself in the taste of blood or the feeling of their blood trickling down her throat.

The taste of their blood was rather gratifying, while the screams that came from her victims were like music to her ears.

She loved nothing more than to hear their screams, along with their constant pleas for her to let them live and not kill them.

They would constantly beg for her nonexistent mercy, which was something she never gave to any victim of hers, no matter who they were.

She was never granted mercy by her own parents when she was tortured by her parents for ten whole years of her human life ever since she was six years old, so why should she grant mercy to any of her victims or enemies?

She saw no point in doing that, so she would ignore them and focus on the feeling she had whenever she managed to kill yet another victim of hers.

Then there was also the fact that she was a ripper and wouldn't be able to stop drinking the blood of her victims even if she wanted to, but that was a different story.

The only thing that mattered at that moment was the high she was getting from her kills, so she didn't particularly take notice of Jerome, who was watching her with a wide grin on his face, while she came off of her high.

It was only after she kicked the head of her recent victim away from herself that he opened his mouth to say it was time for them to head so that he could prepare himself for the Gotham Children's Hospital gala that night, only to stop when Annabelle stared past him.

Then he slowly turned his head to see a petite blonde standing there and visibly shaking at the sight of Annabelle being practically covered in the blood of her previous victims.

Jerome looked back at Annabelle and saw that her veins were on display.

It was then that Annabelle disappeared in front of him, and he heard the horrified scream that came from the blonde he and Annabelle had both seen.