chapter twenty ; "for your glory."

Start from the beginning

As Jaime approached her, he became hesitant. "Are you warm enough?" his eyes fell to the skin of her bareback, where it came apparent to him she could not do the buttons up. "Surprised you have not caught a chill, showing that much flesh; how scandalous," Jaime remarked. 

She was pretending nothing had happened last night. So was he. 

"Would you do me the honor of shielding my dignity?" Jenny mocked his accent, gesturing to the bareness of her back. 

He bore a cocky smile on his face. "It is my duty to shield the maiden," Jaime answered, draping the red jacket over his shoulder and doing up the buttons, fingers brushing over her skin. 

Every small touch on her bareness was like a small flame erupting from his fingertips. He had felt the heat too and took his time. Jenny had brushed her tears away swiftly last night, she would not let the man see her like that, weak and feverish like a young girl. So she straightened her back taller, held her head higher - she was a Daemadar and deserved to marry a great lord, as well as lay with one, not a Kingslayer. 

Kingslayer. The maiden had not thought about calling him that name for quite some time, he was Ser Jaime Lannister to her - not the Kingslayer. Yet she found herself thinking about the word with venom, he did not deserve to be called such a name. Deep down, under the belt of an enormous reputation, he was honorable; if it was any other night in the same opportunity, they would not show restraint. Then she remembered why she was even in such a position with him in the first place, the man that she wanted to lay with last night - fucked his own sister. What was wrong with her? 

As Jenny was about to exit the cave, Jaime reached a handout, stopping her. The woman was about to object when he raised a finger to his lips. He was listening, she listened too. The rumbling of what seemed like a thousand hooves, a Dothraki horde perhaps if they were in Essos, these were not barbarians, these were the Northmen and their hounds howled, barking and growling. Then footsteps, heavy metal footsteps, towards their directions. 

Hastily, the man grasped at her, pressing their bodies against the walls of the cave and in the shadow that it casted. They were drowned in darkness, Jenny could hear the scathing paws of hounds mounding up the boulders - their master's boots clanging against the granite boulders. She knew she had to yell, they would find it suspicious if the maiden hadn't, when they were so close to them; but instead, she grabbed Jaime's in hers, placing it over her mouth. 

Metal was ripped from its sheathe, drawing into the golden light - sparkling like silver. It pointed at them, as hounds barked and snarled with foam coming from there mouths. The Northman let out a shrill cry, "THEY'RE HERE!" he boomed, twisting his head around.

That was the man's first and final mistake, Jaime sprung forth, with Jenny in one, and with the other, he knocked the blade out of the man's hand. As it fell from the soldier's hand, Jaime snagged it, just above the growling mouths of the dogs that remained chained to their masters. Painlessly, he used the soldier's own blade to poke a hole in his throat - the red sprayed them, spilling over Jenny and her white dress; she couldn't help but scream. 

With the blood still on her face, Jenny was forced to flee with the Lannister, the hounds at their heels. Jaime dragged her along to help keep up. Her legs burned, they were still aching from the walk yesterday and now they were forced to sprint. The hounds could smell the blood from a mile away, they were leaving a trail through the forest, and in the distance, Jaime could smell it - the salt from the Sunset Sea and he could almost grasp at the tips of Casterly Rock on the dawn horizon.