VIII

No

No. It's not real. I am hallucinating. 

"Lav-" Before anyone could say anything Lavinia stumbled towards the person and brought her knife to their throat. "Who are you?"

"I am your brother, Lavinia. Please put the knife down." Lavinia's eyes turned into slits. "My brother's heart was pulled out of his chest in front of my eyes. I don't think I will"

"Ask me a question, anything!" Lavinia removed the knife and fell back in her seat laughing. "What did I say to Potter when he called you a ferret?" The so-called Draco smiled proudly at the memory.

"You said 'Hurt my brother again and I will destroy you, and I get my rage from Niklaus" Lavinia jumped immediately and her eyes glowed. "Liar." Lavinia plunged a sword into his stomach. Her eyes watered as she fell to the couch. "You all can leave this is family business," Elijah told the others. "But he is our son!" Lucius roared. "Leave or there will be bloodshed." After everyone left the Mikaelsons were the only ones there. "Niklaus..." Niklaus immediately turned to look at her. "You are right I am probably being a selfish prune and a nuisance-" 

"Lavinia-" He started but Lavinia shook her head. "Let me finish, you will be the best father to the baby in Hayley's womb. How do I know this? You were the best father to me. You all loved me and cherished me as if I were your own family and I owe you a lot for that." 

"Maybe I still can be the best father towards you Lavinia," A little smile on Niklaus' face as he said this. "What do you mean?" Lavinia asked confused as everyone except Kol showed a hint of confusion themselves. Niklaus and Kol locked eyes as he nodded. Niklaus stepped up and grabbed Lavinia's hands. "I have an early birthday present for you, Lavinia"

Kol grabbed what looked like a black box with golden embroidery on it and gave it to Niklaus and handed it to Lavinia. "Happy Early Birthday!" Rebekah moved towards Lavinia as she opened the box. "A blood-adoption ritual!" Lavinia leapt in for a hug as Nik hugged her back. "Thank you, Father"