t w e n t y - s i x

Start from the beginning

''I'll ..talk to him.'' I excused myself and followed my mate's scent trail which led me to his room. I called his name and cautiously opened the door when I felt it opened. I found him sitting on his bed.

''Hyungie~'' I immediately scooted closer and engulfed him in a tight hug.

''Sorry you have to witness that, Wonie. I should've let you go to Sunoo if I only knew.'' He hugged back and rested his head on my shoulder.

''It's fine, hyung.'' I patted his back softly. We still haven't let go from the hug for a few but then I heard him sobbing.

''Let it all out, hyung. You're okay. I'm here.''

''I just don't get it. My life is a whole lie. I don't know what to do anymore.''

''I know, I know. We'll figure something to work it out, hmm?'' As I continued to whisper sweet nothings, he then finally stopped crying for a good hour or two.

''Nothing's wrong with not being mates as long as you genuinely love each other, the Moon Goddess might reconsider that. But marrying just because of the stupid bloodline? Now I know why my life seems to be cursed.'' Jay hyung muttered underneath his breath but it was audible enough for me to hear. I then caressed his cheek with my right hand and looked at him straight in the eye.

''Hyung, look at me. You are not cursed, okay? Don't say that.'' I softly said, not wanting it to sound inconvincible.

''I am. Just look at me. I've always been miserable. Even my mate doesn't want me.'' He answered. I felt a pang of guilt when he said the last part.

[What makes you think we don't want you, mate? Jungwon please explain it to him. I-It's hurting me seeing him like that.] Jungseo told me at the back of my head.

[I know Jungseo. I'm sorry too. But I think this is not the right time to confess everything. He's already shaken from the previous events. I don't want to become another burden. But I'll try my best to comfort him.] I replied back receiving whimpers from both of my wolves.

''Well, atleast I got you.'' Jay hyung suddenly stated which caught me off guard. We finally broke the hug so I looked away to hide my flustered face.

''Awe, my Jungwonie is blushing.'' He added and lightly giggled which made me smile. Atleast that cheered him up.

[Ni-ki, is Sunoo still there?] I linked Ni-ki because I'm too lazy to open my phone now.

[Yep. He was kinda stranded here in my room because I kinda heard a commotion downstairs regarding the Alpha's family so I can't let him out.] He linked back as I mentally sighed knowing that it wouldn't be that awkward now that Sunoo is still here too.

'I think we have to stay the night.' I thought as I looked at the time and saw that it was already pass 10p.m.

''Hyung, I don't think me and Sunoo can go home at this hour. Can we stay the night?'' I turned to Jay hyung as he beamed at me before answering.

''That would be great. Tell your parents though. We don't want Blue Lagoon Pack sending warriors here to get you two.'' We shared a laugh as I did what I was told to. Mom and Sunoo's parents fortunately agreed despite the short notice. So we decided to just watch something entertaining for the meanwhile.

But then my stomach just had to embarrass me when it growled loudly and I am sure Jay hyung heard it.

''We totally forgot to eat. I'll tell the maids to bring the food we bought and eat at Ni-ki's room.'' Jay hyung suggested making me simply nod and flew to Ni-ki's room. Jay hyung went ahead since I don't know where Ni-ki's room is so I just tailed him and saw him open a door similar to his without knocking.