"Bhai, you are sick. I thought it'd be better... Woh chodo, how are you?" she sat beside him.

"How do I look?" he smirked.

She raised an eyebrow and stared, "Sach bolu?"

"Don't disappoint me Shivi," he said.

"Hot lag rahe ho Bhai " she teased.

"Shivi." He widened his eyes out of embarrassment, "Kuch bhi bolti hain tu. Yeh bata, where is Akshay?"

"He will directly come for the Pooja in the evening with everyone. I came early because half of my stuff is still here. My makeup, jewelry, footwear. It's my first Diwali so I have to look the best. Also Akki agreed to accompany for the party tonight. Great na!" she said excitedly.

He watched her speaking and then asked, "Bacche  tu khush hai na?"

"Aise kyun puch rahe ho? Of course I'm happy. In fact, Akki is getting AC for me. Bohot khyaal rakhta hain mera. And his family is great too. I just love there. All thanks to you Bhai. You supported my choice and I could marry him." She gave him a side hug.

He hugged her back and kissed her head, "I'm very happy for you Shivi. Dad hote toh woh bhi bohot khush hote."

"Okay. Bohot hua rona-dhona I've something for you." She broke the hug and gently wiped his cheek. "This is for you. Mere sasural se aaya hain," she chimed and handed him the bag.

He smiled.

She got up, "One more thing, check this." She handed a cloth bag to him, "Bua sent this for you."

In it was a steel jar. He opened the lid and smiled at laddos. He glanced at her in glee.

She said, "We made this for Diwali. You told her you like laddo so she sent this." She kept a laddo on his hand and took the jar, "It's in kitchen. Thik hone ke baad khana."

"Just one..." he grumbled.

As she was leaving she turned back and wished him, "Happy Diwali Bhai!" and closed the door.

"Happy Diwali," he smiled as he tasted the laddo.

Indeed it was happy Diwali.

****

"Dekho Bua, Shivina bhi aagai," Akshay said while pointing at the stairs. Meera, Priya and Sandy turn around.

She was coming down wrapping her arm around Ram's arm. He still appeared dull. His posture was still weak yet the shine in his eyes, the delightful smile made it unbelievable that he was hospitalized. Both smiling cheerfully, walked down.

Priya's eyes fell on the Kurta he wore. It was the same kurta that they got him as Diwali present. Not that she really wanted to buy individual gifts for everyone for she believed that getting them presents is useless and it was sheer waste of money. Kapoors were super rich. The casual clothes they wore was something they couldn't even afford even on festivities. So even if they but anything for them they won't use it but on Meera's instance she had to agree.

And now she even had to agree that he looked handsome even in the simple, cotton Kurti they got for him.

Meera leaned forward to Priya. She cleared her throat and with their eyes on Ram she said, "Kapoors accepted the gift wholeheartedly."

"Not everyone," she claimed.

"But Shivina chose the dress Akshay bought over the designer one her brother got for her. Ram too accepted the gift," she said.