Chapter 16

I rushed into the pack house and threw open the door. At the last moment I grabbed it before it banged into the wall. Calm down. Don't wake the whole house. I was jittery, I needed to speak to someone. 

My breath came in heavy pants as I looked around frantically. I noticed Nancy sitting alone on the couch with a book in her hands. She jumped startled at my sudden appearance. I didn't bother to ask what she was doing up so early. She saw me. She was coming with me. I quickly grabbed her hand causing her to drop her book and sniffed the air.
"What the-" before she could continue her sentence I picked up Brandon's scent and tugged her behind me as I ran upstairs.

I burst through Brandon's door without knocking. He was pulling a shirt over his naked chest as I intruded. His head snapped towards me and he growled.

"What have I told you about knocking?" He chided.

"Now is not the time! I have to talk to you both!" I spoke in rushed pants still trying to catch my breath from my long run.

Noticing my somewhat frazzled appearance Brandon stepped closer and grabbed my arm "Are you alright, what's happened?" He demanded.

"You're going to want to sit down for this...both of you." I panted.

Nancy and Brandon shared a look before going to his bed and taking a seat.

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly "What I am about to tell you is extremely confidential. It doesn't leave this room. Is that understood?"

Nancy immediately nodded saying "Of course, Luna." I didn't bother to correct her, I was too busy having a staring contest with Brandon whom hesitated before finally asking "What's going on, Alice?"

"Now before you get mad I want you to know that this was a complete coincidence and I'm alright. Okay?"

"Just spit it out." Brandon yelled.

In one deep breath I rushed out "I caught scent of one of the rogues from the most recent attack."

"How? When?!" Nancy and Brandon both questioned and if the situation wasn't so serious I would have laughed at their comical expressions.

"I was out for a run-"

"What the hell were you doing going on a run by yourself!?" Brandon yelled effectively cutting me off. I was growing more annoyed by the minute and growled at the two wolves that wouldn't let me speak.

"If you shut up and stop cutting me off I'll tell you!" I shouted.

"Sorry." Him and Nancy mumbled apologetically.

"As I was saying, I was out for a run and crossed the territory line. It was completely by accident. I hadn't even realized until I was coming back. Anyway, I was on a run and suddenly a group of rogues came out of nowhere. They didn't see me, don't worry. They were having some sort of silent conversation. The grey wolf seemed to be the ones giving orders. Once they left I followed their scents to a small town. I didn't get to check it out for long but I did find something really interesting." I grinned widely as they stared at me with uneasy faces.

"What did you find out?" Nancy asked cautiously as if she was scared to ask.

"The town is completely mundane! The funny thing is I caught a few scents that weren't human at all." I groaned at Brandon and Nancy's blank expression "Don't you see! It's the perfect place for rogues to hide. They are living amongst the humans in plain sight!" I screeched unable to contain my excitement about my incredible find.

Brandon and Nancy seemed to be going over my words and I waited impatiently for the questions I knew they were going to ask.

"Let's rewind for a second...what did you mean when you said "silent conversation"? Brandon asked quizzically.

"Exactly what I said. It seemed like they were communicating through some sort of mind link."

"That's not possible. They couldn't have communicated through mind link unless they're connected to each other. Maybe they were siblings?" Brandon asked.

"No. All of their scents were different except for two. Their scents were mixed but with the way they carried themselves I assume they're mates."

"Then how..." realization of what I was proposing struck Brandon. He stood up quickly and began to pace. "This is insane. If they are doing what I think then this is even bigger then we realized. We have to tell Alpha Blake!" He turned towards his door causing my heart to plummet to my stomach.

"NO!" I grabbed hold of his shirt sleeve before he could take another step. "Blake is not to know about this. Any of it."

"What!? Alice, are you crazy! He needs to know."

"This is too big of a secret to keep to yourself, Alice." Nancy mumbled.

"No. I can do this on my own without his help. All I have to do is go back to that town and find that rogue. I can bring him back and we can question him then. I need to do this on my own Brandon."

"No, you don't. We can tell Blake and have him send a group of men to collect him and his little minions. We have a lead and know their whereabouts! Why wouldn't we attack when we have the upper hand?!"

"He got away because of me!" I yelled silencing them both. "I am going to get him back." I growled my body filling with anger. If it weren't for me Blake would have gotten that rogue in his grasp and possibly information regarding the previous attacks and any plans for future ones before eliminating the threat. Running into those rogues was fate, this was my second chance. No one was going to stop me from going after the grey wolf. He was my prey and soon I would get to enjoy the hunt.

"Even if that is true you can't just go blindly into this. Not only are you putting yourself in danger but Alpha Blake is going to be pissed!" Nancy screeched. I stared at her for a second, shocked at her outburst. She had never raised her voice before. Especially to me. I looked at Brandon and saw he was looking at her with slight amusement.

"He won't be when I bring him back his only chance of saving his pack." I stated.

"He will if he finds out you put yourself in harms way." She snapped back. 

I sighed, lowering my voice as I spoke my next words carefully "You are either with me or against me. Choose right now because no matter what you say, I am going. With or without you."

Brandon blew out a heavy sigh before clapping a hand on my shoulder "You know I've always got your back."

I smiled brightly before turning to Nancy. She bit her lip looking down at her feet as she contemplated her options. After an agonizingly long period of silence she looked up and smiled "How can I help, Luna?"

I laughed at her formality "Excellent. Here's the plan..."

-------------------------------------------
1K HOLY CRAP! That feels good! Thank you guys! Xoxo