Chapter 23: Realisation

Start from the beginning

Unable to understand how to react, she just stayed there with her eyes closed. She could feel a different kind of feeling stir in her at the thought of their first kiss, she felt excited and nervous. But it took her by surprise, when she felt his lips on her eyes instead of her lips. Left then right. When she opened her eyes, he attached their foreheads as they breathed together. She couldn't help the smile that came on her face.

She couldn't believe how much he had respected her desire to take their marriage to the next level only after she confessed to him. Even if it was a kiss. He had been way too good with her. Even she felt herself wanting his touch but he had managed to control himself somehow.

How did I not fall in love with you earlier, Omkara?
She asked herself as she enjoyed the bliss of being with him. She had somehow started to realise that her feelings for him were indeed love but she had decided to wait a little longer before she confirmed it. But at this moment she realised that, her feelings for him was love, there was no doubt about it. He had been the most important man in her life. He was, is and will always be. If this was not love then what was?

She realised that she had always loved him. Right from the start, even before he confessed. She knew what she felt for him was special and that what they shared was special. How was she blind to not realise that she had always been in love with him? Maybe even before he loved her? Maybe right from the start. But Gauri Kumari Sharma has loved Omkara for as long as she could remember, because these feelings were there with her all this time.

She was forever grateful to him for not giving up on her for she had been stupid to run away from her own feelings. But not anymore, she had decided that it was high time to tell him about her feelings, to tell him what he was to her.

*********

That evening they had gone out for a business party. Gauri being Gauri didn't want to go there but when her husband requested her so cutely, she couldn't turn down the offer. So here she was wearing a gown and Omkara was dressed in formals. She had to admit he looked really hot and drool worthy in it!

In the party, Gauri had moved to the side when she saw Omkara talking about business to someone. It was one thing in the world that she just couldn't get herself to like. Oh, and math too, well physics too. Ok, that's three things. But business never seemed good to her brain no matter what.

She was busy staring at her husband and admiring him feeling like a total love struck teenager, specially now that she  realised her feelings. That was when she noticed a girl walk up to him as the man he was talking to left.

The girl had a wine glass filled with wine in her hand and was dressed in a dress that went a little above her knees only. The neck was cut in a deep V shape showing more than necessary and the dress stuck to her like glue making her look like she had just come out of some club. She had put on a great amount of makeup too, Gauri noticed.

"Hey handsome!" She heard her call Omkara. "You look hot!"

"Thanks!" Omkara said with a polite smile.

It wasn't any rocket science to know what her intention was then why on earth was her husband so polite? Gauri wondered with a frown.

"Well, wanna have a drink?" She asked as she kept her hand on his chest.

How dare you touch my innocent husband with your dirty hands!? Gauri gaped at her mentally.

"Excuse me," Omkara said, talking a step back.

"Come on, we should hang out."

"No thanks I-"

"Don't you think we would look great together?" She asked and that was enough for Gauri's patience to die.