Investigation of the Truth

Comenzar desde el principio

"Marshal, I need you and crownsguard soldiers at the Kingsglaive Headquarters as soon as possible," Clarus spoke getting into an elevator.

"Whats going on?" Cor asked with a cold suspicion over the Communicator ear piece.

"That would be better said in person the king wants a full investigation theres a high possibility of a spy," Clarus replied back. The silence on the other line was all Clarus needed to know that Cor understood.

As the elevator opened up to the bottom floor, Clarus caught sight of his son Gladiolus and the Prince. He needed to ensure Regis of Noctis's safety, so he approached them. "Gladiolus," that was all he needed to say to catch both the young men's attention.

"Clarus? Where's dad?" Noctis noticed the kings absence next to the shield.

"He's in his office taking care of important matters, but there is something I need to speak of with Gladiolus for a moment." The Prince looked at Gladio as if he had done something wrong.

"Uh, sure," Gladio replied not sure if he was in trouble.

They went off not to far away, into an office room that was completely empty, Noctis remained in the hall. "Dad what's going on?" Gladio asked sensing something wasn't right.

Clarus sighed, things were not looking good today, "There's a possibility of multiple spies among the Kingsglaive," Clarus said. Gladio went completely silent holding his breath for a brief moment. "I need you to keep a close eye on the Prince until this matter is dealt with, the king is concerned about his son's safety."

Gladio was clearly shocked, and there was a hint of serious concern in his eyes, it was a moment or two before he said something, "What should I tell Noctis?" Clarus was extremely unsure for a brief second, clearly Noctis couldn't be told that his father's most trusted soldiers could possibly be traitors.

There was the concern that he could somehow try to interfere and get himself into trouble. Then the other worry was the fact that Regis could be in danger as well, and do to the kings recent behavior the Prince would be very concerned. The Prince was of course the next king, but he was still very young and reckless, he would clearly cause more trouble than good.

"Should the Prince find out about the threat I'm afraid he might put both his and the kings safety more at risk. It would be best if this was silent, just until I'm certain it is a major problem. Should that come to be true I would want to see to it that both the Prince and king are safe." Clarus explained.

Gladio was silent not sure what to say, then a call from Cor was Clarus's signal to hurry, "See to it that the Prince is safe and make sure no one knows of this," Clarus concluded his orders, he hurried past his son and to the Kingsglaive head quarter's.

-------------------------

Cor was becoming impatient.

All of the glaives were in perfect order like how real soldiers should be, they were in position as soon as Cor walked in with a dozen or so Crownsguard soldiers. They were silent as he paced back and forth waiting for Clarus, so that he could get an explanation on what was going on.

"Marshal," Clarus allowed his presence to be known, Cor could see how the glaives went tense. One caught his eye, one particular Glaive was reacting in a certain way that wasn't like the other glaives. "It would be best to have the situation explained in private," Clarus had his voice low. Cor just nodded and gave the glaives one last glance before heading into one of the office's.

"Well? What's the situation with this potential spy?" Cor asked serious as always.

Clarus sighed, "Regis hasn't been well as of late, the ring had caused him pain one moment and now it's as if he is a different man. He claims to have had a warning from the lucii a warning that states that Titus Drautos is the current general for Niflheim with glaives at his side." Clarus explained what was happening.