"Aren't you angry at me?" I asked her.

"Angry? Why would I be?" she questioned.

"You were there when I ran to Yujin. You saw what happened, didn't you?" I claimed.

She breathed deeply after letting go of my hand. It seemed like I triggered that side of her.

"Forget about that. Let me take you somewhere--"

"Kazuha, can you be honest with me?" I cut her off.

Her jaw clenched as she looked at me straight in the eyes.

"What's going on with you?" I asked again.

"What do you mean?" she huffed.

"You know what I mean. You just threatened me the other night and even blackmailed me with Chaewon!" I reminded.

"That was-- Y/n, I'm sorry but that was a mistake. A misunderstanding." she calmly stated.

"Misunderstanding? Kazuha, you were too controlling." I pointed out.

She sighed heavily and brushed her hair. I can see her effort in trying to keep her calm.

"Let's go somewhere else to talk about this, please." she suggested.

I looked around and noticed that some of our neighbors were already standing there and watching us. It made me fume, but we had no other choice but to go somewhere else.

After arriving at a tall building, we both went out and I immediately recognized the place.

"Really? You had to take us to your company's building." I sarcastically said.

"What? We're safe here." she shrugged.

I just sighed and followed her inside. Obviously, the staff knew her so we were both treated like VIPs or something. Somehow, her aura felt different. Like she now turned into a businesswoman who knows how to play her cards well.

I kept quiet behind her until we arrived at a large office. The walls were glass and aside from the work table, there were couches which made it look like a lounge room.

"Is this your parents' office?" I asked her.

She then sat down at the desk chair and gestured for me to take a seat at one of the couches.

"Nope. This is mine." she replied.

My jaw dropped after hearing what she said. This big luxurious room is all hers...

"I'm sorry." she muttered.

I averted my gaze to her while she looked down.

"I know I've been a bad friend for what I did to you. All the things I said... I'm really sorry for how I acted." she added.

I felt a huge relief while hearing those words. I didn't want to admit it, but it was really hard to have my only friend like that. I was hoping deep inside that it was all a mistake.

"But why did you do that? I know your feelings, but that was something else." I asked.

"I know. I was out of my mind. I liked you so much, Y/n. I really do." she answered.

She then stood up and walked towards me. I no longer felt uneasy or scared. After all, she was still my friend.

"Y/n, everything I did was a mistake. And I'm ready to prove to you that I'm better than that." she said and held my hand softly.

"How do I know that you're not lying? How can you assure me that it was all really a mistake?" I asked, my voice getting shaky as I felt my eyes get warm.

She leaned closer, both her hands moving to wrap around my neck as I felt my heartbeat increase. She was dangerously close and I can see where this was going, but I can't really move to do something about it.

My instincts were right when her lips softly touched mine. Her strawberry scent seeping through me as she tilted her head to go deeper into the kiss.

I was as frozen as a statue. Tingles were spreading through my body as she moved her lips gently against mine. It seemed long, but it didn't last as we both pulled away to catch our breath.

"Please, give me another chance to show you my feelings." she whispered.

I was out of words. But more than that, I didn't know whether to trust her again and dismiss the fact that she's done bad things in the past.

"Kazuha, I--"

"I promise, I won't hurt you ever again."

I sighed after hearing her words. Not because I was still confused, but because now, I know that I will always have a soft spot for her deep inside.

That no matter what she does, no matter what she says, I know-- she knows that I'll come running back to her just like that.