(I) Chapter 11 - Ode to my Family

Start from the beginning

"I can work for the two of them. We don't need your help."

"Really? Tell me then, how are you planning to pay for everything without any work? Hmm...?"

"I..."

"You what? Kill yourself for work like a pathetic salaryman? That's stupid if you ask me. I have a better proposition for you. Mind if I pitch something?"

"What is it?"

"You Fumia-chan... Will have to work for me."

"That's it?"

"Yup! That's it."

"What kind of work is it?"

"It's simple really, you'll be working on a club I own. It opens at seven in the evening. You just have to serve drinks. Easy right? Even a girl like you can do it. Especially with your looks, you'll attract more regulars."

"What kind of shitty place do you have?"

"It's just a club with some Karaoke. That's it. Nothing to fancy. So Fumia-chan, do we have a deal?" He smiled at me and offered a handshake."

"I have no choice right now... Mom wouldn't be able to pay for anything... I can't stand letting Hanna not get any treatment... I'll get us out of this situation mom... Hanna... I promise..."

"You have a deal..." I reached for his hand and gave him a handshake.

The next day came. As promised by Machido, he moved our belongings to a house he owns. He also hired people who will help with Hanna's medical equipment to be moved to the new house. Hanna was confused at first but I just told her that Machido is mom's friend. She's too young to know how shitty the world works and I wouldn't want her to know anything about it. The last thing I want to happen is Hanna stressing herself out.

"Prepare yourself Fumia-chan. You'll be starting tonight."

"You don't have to repeat. You already told me that."

"That's the spirit!" Again, with his rotten grin.

The night came and Machido escorted me to the establishment he was talking about. It was a small building that was in line with other clubs. Nighttime feels like it wasn't night at all due to the Neon lights surrounding the street. The streets were buzzing, men were walking along with women wearing skimpy clothing as if they were asking for it.

We head inside the building that Machido was talking about. It really looks like a karaoke bar. There were several rooms filled with men trying to waste away the night by drinking and singing. Machido helped me walk towards a room that looks like the staff room.

"Maki! There you are!" Machido greeted her.

"Oh Machido, I'm glad you're here." He then approached Machido and looked at him flirtatiously. She was caressing his sides until her hand reaches Machido's crotch.

"Not now Maki, there's a new girl here. I need you to show her the ropes."

"I see you got yourself a new girl." She looked at me from head to toe with one eyebrow raised.

"Fumia-chan! She's Maki, and she'll be the one to teach you how we do things here."

I looked at her and she was wearing some revealing clothing.

"It's what you call Dolphin shorts darling. You'll be wearing this too, as well as this one." She handed me the shorts and a tank top that looks small for my size.

"What!? I can't wear this!" I protested.

Machido walked toward me and it looks like he didn't like the sound of my reply.