I sigh running my hands through my hair looking at the path of what Clay took rolling my eyes, "Useless, selfish bastard. He's hopeless" I mumble to myself turning on the watch again. I gaze at my screen carefully and see the white dot that was moving through the left path.

The left and right paths seemed to be longer than I expected probably will take about thirty minutes to get to the end. I curse under my breath, "I knew we shouldn't have split. Stupid idiot" I hiss looking at the leaderboard and already saw the second place having seven of their flags. Shit

I knew I had to get moving before everybody gets here. I still had a long way to go so I fastened my pace to walk. I look at the time and sigh. There were only three objectives now, one was to get the last flag, two was to get back to camp, and lastly win the game.

This should be easy, I thought wiping away the sweat on my forehead. "Yeah, easy. No pressure"

๑۞๑,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۩๑۩ ,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۞๑

The woods are dark now and the only sign of light that I had was my glowing blue hologram. I'm walking through the woods with my thick leather jacket around my waist. I could see the end of the left path on my hologram.

I just wanted to cheer out loud knowing I was about to be done but luckily I didn't forget that wild animal exist. When I arrived at the end of the path I look at my phone and look at the picture again. Behind the shadows and light, I repeat that over and over in my head.

I glance around me and see a hill that had vines against its walls. I tilt on my head going towards it to observe a little more. I could see small moonlight behind the vines however it was also dark. "Shadows and light" I mumble grinning and quickly jog over there.

Slowly, I push away the vines in front of me and was met with success. But it also wasn't what I suspected since there was only one flag that was gold. I don't care and quickly snatch the flag. I froze when I felt a warm hand against mine.

I blink as my eyes widen looking up in front of me to see Clay who was also astonished. He backed away, however, I didn't snatching the last flag placing it in my pocket glaring at him dumbfounded, "You followed me?!" I whispered yelled at him.

I watch him roll his eyes, "No? Why would I? I simply went to the right path, and here I am. The one you should accuse of following the other is yourself" he spat back as his hands slid to his pockets.

I roll my eyes, "Excuse you I did not" I tell him. He raises an eyebrow turning on his watch and looking at the map. He clicks on his tongue disabling the hologram, "This is stupid. Both paths led to the same ruth! Unbelievable" he said getting out of the small cave.

"We need to go back. We have the last flag now and it's ours" I say to him quickly getting out of the cave.

I hear him sigh exasperated turning on his watch again as the map hologram pops up. He observes it, "There's a shortcut that way. It's faster—will take about twenty minutes" He mumbles pointing behind the hill.

I look behind the hill and saw a sketchy path and it was filled with rocks, "Kinda sketchy if you ask me" I mutter glaring at him.

He rolls his eyes, "Stop being dramatic and let's go. The sooner we get this over with the better. You said that yourself" Clay murmurs and starts walking towards the shortcut.

I let out a long sigh as my shoulders almost fell to the ground but I follow him anyways. "If I die. I'm not letting you live—you're going down with me to hell. And if I fail I will hunt to your sleep until you go crazy" I pause, "Crazy that you will scream until death" I threaten him making him pause gulping.

He laughs with a hint of nervousness, "Okay... that's threatening" he chuckles turning on his flashlight as we walk.

As we are walking through the path I see Clay's flashlight turn to the left. He stumbled on his steps when he saw a deep cave that had a sign saying—

Warning! Do not go here for there will be consequences!

I blink a couple of times before chuckling backing away, "Okayy that's hella creepy. Uhm I suggest to get the fuck away from it and continue before-" I ramble but I cut myself off when I saw Clay getting rid of the sigh and push the gate to the cave open.

I look at him in disbelief when he looked at me, "If you're not going. I am. This shit looks cool" he says entering the cave.

I swallow stuttering, "I swear to God if anything bad happens to you! I'm not calling someone!" I yell at him and hear my voice echo.

"Then don't! Again! I. Don't. Care! You hear me?" He yells back to me.

I sneer looking at the time to see we still had one hour left. I sighed taking a step towards the cave and stepping on the sign that was taken down, "he's done for when I get there" I shrug taking a step in.

1688 words