Chapter 8

CarmenVaughn: in my supermodel era

2,000,000 likes ~ 10,000 comments

---

My favorite interviews are the ones that I do with my husband since he inspires me and is one of my favorite people to be around. Our most commonly asked question is about my appearance and I absolutely hate it when interviewers ask Vince is he approves of my style.

"What do you think of Carmen's look?" The interviewer asks Vince and I purse my lips. "Did you ever think that she would still dress the same when you got to the later stage of your lives?"

"That's rude." I scoff and Vince places his hand on my thigh to calm me down.

"What you really want to ask is if whether I think my wife dresses provocatively and whether I approve of that. I know because almost everyone asks whenever we sit down to do an interviewer together or talk to reports." Vince pauses for a second. "I have been with Carmen Vaughn for over twenty years and she has never once changed who she was so it would be foreign for me to suddenly not be ok with it. My wife is an attractive woman who dresses for her body, I don't think it's provocative at all but I understand that the world is not used to seeing women love themselves in their entirety."

"Let's not forget that I birthed three whole humans." I point out. "People are always going to talk about the way I dress regardless of whether I dress up or dress down. I view myself as a piece of art and it's not my faut that women are constantly sexualised for wearing literally anything."

"Carmen is the most expensive piece of art." Vince squeezes my thigh and I laugh a little. "If Carmen decided to rock baggy jeans and shirts for the rest of her life then I would still love her the same."

"What do you think of Vince's style?"

Vince turns to look at me, "What do you think of my style?"

"I am not a fan." Everyone laughs at my words. "Mr Vince Vaughn is a very attractive man who is ridiculously tall so it's hard to shop at regular places that make clothes for his build. A lot of his wardrobe has been custom made to suit his height and weight which can be pretty annoying so he sticks o the basics. I may not love the style but I appreciate the fact that he's comfortable and happy with what he wears. He is perfect the way he is."

"Awe babe." Vince pouts before pulling me in for a tender kiss. "You're perfect the way you are."

"I better had been." I wink at him.

" I wink at him