60 | JUST OUR LUCK

Start from the beginning

"It's hot!" Pope yelled as he ran outside.

"Pope, let's not get hit by a car, okay!" Athena called his way. "One life or death situation is enough for today."

Pope began running around. Kie, John B and Athena attempting to keep him in the yard as JJ and Sarah thanked Ricky.

"Let's go get that cross!" Pope yelled as he sprinted and jumped into the air. "Game six, baby! I'm Michael Jordan!"

"Uh, Pope, you're driving pretty fast." Sarah stated as Pope drove through the night down the empty road. Pope cheered into the air.

"Pope, last to judge, but I think you should slow down a little." JJ suggested from the back.

"That would definitely delay our arrival to the cross. We gotta get there." Pope explained with a point of his finger, speaking quickly.

"I'm not feeling very safe, right now!" Athena called towards Pope, sat on JJ's lap.

"Why did we let him drive again?" Kie asked.

"Because I said I'd rip your ears off." Pope informed her.

"He said he's rip our ears off." Sarah nodded.

"I was joking about that, by the way." Pope giggled.

"It's a really funny joke." Kie laughed forcefully.

"And he grabbed the keys from my hand and pushed me out of the drivers seat." Athena added.

"Sorry bout that." Pope giggled once more.

"Hey, how ya feeling, buddy? How ya doing?" John B called from the back, feeling on edge at how fast they were driving.

"Uh, fantastic. I don't know what JJ's cousin gave me, but I am moving!" Pope explained with a bright grin, waving his hands around.

"We couldn't tell." Kie shook her head.

"Okay, well, um, you're going really fast right now." John B tried to reason again.

"Really fast." Athena added, turning to John B. "This is Lightning McQueening this shit."

"Yeah, really fast!" Pope yelled as he turned to look at them.

"Pope!" Sarah yelled as Pope did a sudden swerve on the road.

"I don't know if you noticed, but there's these giant oak trees all along the road. They're like six inches off the road." John B explained quickly in hopes of calming Pope down or getting him to pull over.

"Car ahead!" Athena called as the light came their way.

"You don't need to pass. You don't need to pass." Kie spoke quickly as she gripped onto the door.

Pope swerved past the truck, "What an asshole."

"He's going the speed limit." Kie inhaled quickly.

"We're not gonna get to the cross if we're dead, Pope!" John B exclaimed.

"We're not gonna die. It's our divine right to get to that cross." Pope explained over his shoulder.

"Pope, look at the road!" John B hollered at him quickly, the other four shouting also. The car swerved, nearly running into an oak tree, Pope quickly turning the wheel suddenly making them spin in a circle. The six yelled as the jeep spun, crashing into an oak tree as the windows broke and the air bags blew.

"Oh my god! I am over pogue life." Athena exclaimed as she jumped out of the car.

"Is everyone okay?" John B asked.

"I think so." Sarah spoke weakly.

"Never better." JJ groaned. "This is last time you drive, Pope."

"My jeep!" Athena huffed.

"One word, totalled."

"Rose is gonna kill me!" Athena turned to Pope. "I never said you could ruin my jeep!"

"Okay, take a chill pill." JJ sent Athena a look.

"We're gonna have to walk the rest of the way." Pope spoke up quickly as he jumped out. "I'm going to get my cross."

"My jeep is ruined. Rose is going to flip her shit, she helped pay for it!" Athena looked at JJ in disbelief.

"If Rafe doesn't kill you first." Athena scoffed, rubbing her forehead.

The large truck passing them made Athena look over, catching sigh of Renfield in the passengers seat, looking at Pope while Rafe drove. He didn't bother to look, Renfield sending them a grin out the window.

"Just our luck." Athena glared.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦
y'all don't hate athena for how she acted at the end of this chapter if someone crashed your car you'd be mad too
hehe i like to write jj upsetting athena by making jokes about rafe for fun and no reason for season three at all :)

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦y'all don't hate athena for how she acted at the end of this chapter if someone crashed your car you'd be mad toohehe i like to write jj upsetting athena by making jokes about rafe for fun and no reason for season three at...