60 | JUST OUR LUCK

Start from the beginning

"Breath a little, okay? Like a little bit." Kie cried as she looked down at Pope. "I need you to focus. Focus on your breathing, okay?"

"It's like a duffel bag!" Ricky yelled to JJ, the two looking around.

"Where's your kit?" Kie shouted in disbelief.

"Oh my god! If he dies because we came here instead of a hospital I will literally kill you." Athena threatened as Ricky came running back.

"Okay, I got it." Ricky yelled, black bag in his hand.

"Okay what do we do now?" JJ asked quickly.

"You don't do anything because you're not a paramedic." Ricky spoke as he pulled a shot from his bag. "Okay, hey, Pope. How you doing, man? You look like shit."

"Is that like an eppy?" Athena asked, holding JJ's hand tightly for comfort.

"Here's the thing. This is a paediatric dose of epinephrine." Ricky said as he looked her way.

"He's not a kid." Kie said, disbelief lacing her tone.

"Is that gonna be enough?" Sarah asked.

"It's ten times the normal dose. So if it doesn't stop his heart, it'll help him." Ricky explained, they group gapping at him. "But I gotta use the whole thing or it won't work. And I'm not going down if he dies."

"Like I said if he dies I'll kill you!" Athena exclaimed, pointing at him. "But if you don't help him I will beat your ass before I send you to the police."

"Do it! Do it! Hit it!" JJ encouraged, squeezing Athena's hand tightly as Ricky turned and pushed the needle into Pope's bicep. Athena held her breath as she watched closely.

"Okay, that's it." Ricky spoke after her pushed the medicine, removing the needle from Pope's arm.

"Now what?" Sarah questioned.

"Now we wait." Ricky shrugged as they all watched Pope, him laying limb, completely still.

"What the hell did you do!" Athena shook her head when the boy didn't move.

"You killed him!" Kie exclaimed in disbelief.

"No."

"Yes, you did!" She snapped. "What did you do?"

"I did exactly what you asked me to do." Ricky argued.

"Please! Please! Pope, please, come on!" Kie cried.

"Pope, c'mon, bro." JJ shook him.

"C'mon, Pope. Wake up!" Athena begged, shaking the Heyward's boy as she cried. "You have to wake up, you can't die, don't leave us. I need you."

Pope's chest suddenly heaved, harsh breaths coming from his mouth. Athena let out a audible sigh of relief as she dropped her head onto Pope for a second, the group feeling in relief more than anything. Everyone started to laugh and cheer as Pope coughed.

"There he is. That's my boy right there!" JJ explained as he pointed at Pope, a large smile across his face.

"Oh thank god." Athena smiled.

"I'm hot! I'm really hot, guys!" Pope explained, yanking his jacket off.

"Okay, take it easy." JJ laughed as he held his shoulder.

"I gotta get outside." Pope explained as he jumped off the table.

"Simmer down." John B tried to reason.

"Uh JB." Athena turned the brunet, "Should we —"

"Yeah." He nodded, the pair rushing outside to try and keep Poep out of the road.