Hospital

The drive to the hospital was tense and silent. King Darius drove the car with a sense of quick yet cautious urgency with Princess Arkayna sitting beside him. Queen Melody sat in the backseat with Zarya's head resting on her lap, and she stroked her daughter's forehead as she whispered soft words of encouragement to the Ranger, the feeling of worry evident on her face as she tried her best to console her daughter.

Zarya could feel herself slip in and out of consciousness, a river of sweat pouring down her face as she gasped for air. How long would she continue to feel this way? How long will it be until her heart finally gives out? Zarya didn't know the answers to her questions, but she was hoping that someone else would. She whimpered softly as her hand reached up to touch Queen Melody's hair, and her mother kissed her hand softly in return.

"Shh, Zarya. You're going to be okay. I promise" Queen Melody whispered, her furrowed eyebrows and her soft smile somehow providing Zarya with a feeling of uncertainty and fear.

"I feel weak, Mom," Zarya groaned, a small cough coming from her throat as she closed her eyes. A shiver went down her spine as she whimpered, and her knees seemed to give out as she bent them enough to fit in the backseat.

"I know kiddo. But you'll be fine. That's a promise. You're strong and brave. You're a light in the darkness, Zarya," Queen Melody whispered, her hand continuing to stroke Zarya's face.

"I... I don't know if I can believe that anymore. I'm in... so much pain," Zarya coughed out as she opened her eyes again. "My limbs."

Queen Melody found herself trying to come up with soothing words to assure her daughter that she would be fine. Not wanting to let Zarya know the level of uncertainty she felt at this very moment, the only thing Queen Melody could offer Zarya at this moment was a warm smile and a gentle embrace. What more could a mother do when her child was in this predicament?

Arkayna could only look back at Zarya from the front seat in despair. The last time she had ever seen her sister in a form like this was when Tazma had corrupted her body with the curse that Aunty Yaga had successfully removed. And now it seemed as though both Arkayna and Zarya were beginning to relive every moment of that painful situation.

Arkayna snapped out of her thoughts as the hospital finally came into view, a sprawling complex of modern buildings and bustling medical staff. King Darius parked the car as close as he could to the entrance, and without wasting a second, Queen Melody and Arkayna helped Zarya out of the car. Zarya screamed as she felt her limbs tighten and weaken, and she leaned onto her mother for support. Arkayna and Queen Melody felt the weight of Zarya's body increase as her strength began to go up the charts. 

"Zarya, are you alright?" Arkayna asked.

Zarya had no time to respond as a surge of intense sonic energy burst forth from within her. Her eyes widened as the sonic energy erupted from her, a powerful and uncontrolled force that vibrated through the air around her. The sound was deafening, a mix of anguish and power that reverberated through the entire area. 

Queen Melody and Arkayna grunted as they felt the weight of Zarya's body increase before resting her on the ground beside the car. King Darius came rushing toward them as he knelt beside his daughter, a fearful expression on his face as he witnessed the chaotic energy swirling inside and around Zarya. Passerby couldn't help but pause to look at the scene before them as the royal family erupted into chaos, unintentionally inflicting fear on those who stood to see the full scene before them. A young child in a wheelchair screamed as her mother did her best to comfort her as she walked away in horror as well. 

Amid the chaos of the sonic surge, Arkayna and Queen Melody held onto Zarya's thrashing form, struggling to keep her steady amidst the powerful energy emanating from her. The sheer force of the sonic scream was shaking the ground, causing car alarms to blare and windows to rattle. Desperation was etched on Arkayna's and Queen Melody's faces and they exchanged worried glances, searching for a way to calm Zarya down and bring an end to this overwhelming outburst.