The mayor, a short man with dark hair, clears his throat as Master Makarov steps forward, rubbing his head bashfully. A gift? For us? You're far too generous! I don't know what to say."

"Good members of Fairy Tail! Observe! Your gift is to my right." We follow where the mayor is pointing, and gasp as we stare with wide eyes. "For years, you have been the pride of our city. That's why we are honoured to present you with a newly restored guild hall!"

"It's even cooler than it used to be!" Natsu exclaims.

Happy chimes, "Aye, Sir!"

Master goes up to the mayor while anime crying and says gratefully, "Good mayor! Your kindness knows no bounds!"

Master cries out of pure joy, "I LOVE MAGNOLIA WITH ALL MY HEART!!"

                      🗡🗡🗡

A few hours after we'd returned to Magnolia, Rogue called me on my communication lacrima and asked if I'd like to go on a date, and I'd immediately agreed. We arrange for it to be two days from now, as I have an overnight job with Erza, Gray, Wendy and Charlele later today, to wipe out some mountain bandits.

I'd just changed into my work attire and grabbed my bag from my bedroom in my two storey house when there's a knock on the front door.

I'd bought this place the year after the Tenrou Island incident as the rent at Fairy Hills was really expensive. I have drawings and sketches of my guild mates, including the master and the Thunder Legion, as well as Gildarts Clive, scattered around my red painted bedroom walls.

There's a window seat at my bedroom window as it overlooks the street my house is on. It has two small bookshelves with a few books and other decorative items on them, some of them being photos of me and my guild mates. I have a desk pushed against the left wall and my large bed is pushed against the opposite wall, with my walk in wardrobe built into the wall next to it, opposite my window.

 I have a desk pushed against the left wall and my large bed is pushed against the opposite wall, with my walk in wardrobe built into the wall next to it, opposite my window

I head downstairs, thinking it might be Gray and the others. I open the door only to see Natsu.

"Natsu? What are you doing here? I'm about to go on a job," I say, letting him in.

"I need to talk to you," Ue says seriously.

"About what?" I ask, closing the door.

"Future Rogue," He says.

"What about Future Rogue?" I ask in slight surprise.

"I saw you two kissing that night on top of Motherglare," Natsu tells me. "Why did you let him?"

"Because, 1, he asked, and 2, he's my mate, Natsu," I tell him simply, the back of my hand on my hip.

"I don't like it," He grumbles, causing my face to contort into a glare.

"And here I thought you'd be happy about me being with Rogue," I say.

"But that's Future Rogue!" Natsu says angrily.