Chapter 2

I stood there in awe looking at the dead man in front of me. All of the other men stood there shocked, none of them said a word and no one moved. Flynn stood there holding the bloody pipe in his hand and facing down the rest of them. I took a step back when I saw the smile on Flynn's lips.

"How come it didn't affect Flynn when that guy hit him, but when Flynn hit that guy he died." I whispered to Stitch confused.

"Have you ever heard of aura?" Stitch asked me still looking at Flynn.

"No," I responded just as someone in the back of the group pushed their way to the front to see what had happened. It was a girl who couldn't be any older than fourteen. She had dark brown hair and she looked kind of short for her age. She wasn't wearing armor like the rest of them but she did have a rapier strapped to her waist. When she saw the dead man in front of her she screamed and covered her mouth. She dropped to her knees and brushed one of the man's hairs out of his eyes. Her eyes were filling with tears as her dress filled with blood.

"Charley!" She sobbed still holding his face in her hands.

"Poor girl," Stitch said, his eyes were starting to tear up. He looked down at the ground and scraped his foot on the pavement. "I wonder who he was to her," he said looking over at the girl who was still holding the man's head.

I watched her cry and I couldn't do anything. I feared what Flynn might do to me if I helped her. After a moment her crying stopped. I watched her look up at Flynn and then look over to the pipe in his hand. Since she was in the back of the group she probably didn't see Flynn hit him, but now she put it together.

The pain in her eyes was suddenly replaced by anger. She drew her rapier from its sheath and dashed towards Flynn. Flynn sidestepped but not fast enough, the point of her sword hit him right in the shoulder and knocked him down onto the ground, yet it didn't pierce his skin.

"Why didn't that cut him?" I asked Stitch looking at them in awe.

Flynn yelled and stood up drawing his sword from its sheath at his waist. The girl was fast but I knew Flynn had lots of skill in combat.

"Well it didn't cut him because he used his aura to block it." Stitch informed me not taking his eyes off of the girl, who stood there staring at Flynn.

Flynn and the girl both dashed forward at the same time. Flynn swung his sword out first, but the girl jabbed at him with hers faster causing him to stop swinging and narrowly dodge. "Ashley! Rip out his heart!" Yelled a short, blonde kid who was part of Ashley's group. Ashley smiled when she heard him but she kept her eyes trained on Flynn and her sword in front off her.

"This girl is extremely skilled, and most likely very powerful," Stitch said to me still looking at Ashley. "Most people who fight with rapiers have high amounts of aura because even though the rapier is fast, they need to be able to block some attacks."

Ashley yelled and ran forward again. She looked so small compared to Flynn and I wondered how could she win. She thrust her sword out towards Flynn's torso, but this time he was ready. He sidestepped and in one quick movement he brought his sword down on her arm. I watched in horror as the blade hit her arm, but shockingly it did not break her skin, instead her skin broke the sword. Flynn's sword shattered and send tiny little shards everywhere.

Flynn gasped, "how, how did you do that!" He yelled, slowly inching away from her sword.

"You killed him," Ashley said gesturing to the man she had earlier called Charles. "Now you are gonna join him in the ground." She whispered her voice cold as ice. Flynn opened his mouth to try to talk his way out of this, but Ashley was already there. She slammed her sword into his chest and sent him sprawling on the ground. She jabbed her sword into his stomach and there was a sudden flash around him. She smiled and said, "Now you die."

Ashley turned around and faced the group behind her. Two boys walked forward. One of them was the blonde kid from earlier, and the other one had longer blonde hair. They were both holding metal sticks in their hands. They offered them to Ashley and she grabbed them out of there hands, joining them with her sword to make one nasty looking spear. It was probably somewhere around six feet long and it's shaft was made of full metal. Her rapier served as the blade but it had widened and curved to make the spear look extremely scary.

"You like it?" Ashley questioned Flynn walking closer to him. "I call it the scythe of dreams, because if you see it you'd wish you were dreaming. I got it from an assassin."

Flynn just lay on the ground in front of me, all of his strength was drained and he knew he couldn't win. All he could do was beg her to please let his death be quick and painless. "Please! Please! Make it quick!" Flynn pleaded.

Ashley walked over to him and crouched down next to him. "Anything for you deary," Ashley whispered to him, smiling. She raised the spear over her head and I watched in shock as she jabbed it into Flynn's stomach splattering blood all over the pavement.

Flynn screamed in agony, "you said you'd make it fast." Blood filled Flynn's throat and made it sound like he was gargling when he spoke.

"Well I lied," Ashley spoke very coldly. She put both hands on the shaft and before any of us new what was happening, there was a sound of flesh tearing and bones crunching as she dragged the scythe up his spine. She lodged her scythe in Flynn's head and in one quick motion she tore it from his shoulders. Flynn's blood splattered everywhere, all over Ashley's dress and all over the dirt. "Only the insane thrive," Ashley said bringing the end of the scythe closer to her head. She licked off the blood that had splattered onto her lips and spat it on the ground in front of her. "See ya," she smiled and slammed the head down onto the ground and it broke into two perfect halves both staring at the dirt. Blood and brains oozed from the mutilated skull.

I stared at the scene in front of me, Flynn's former body was split almost in two, the top half was peeled away from the other half so perfectly that I almost thought that is how it was supposed to be. His head lay right next to it also split perfectly in half. Blood pooled around the corpse, I could here the call of the crows already, they would feast on Flynn's flesh during the night. I looked at Ashley who was busy undoing her scythe. Her dress was covered in blood to the point where one would think that red was the original color. I was pondering what she said before, "only the insane thrive."