Cuddles (A.I)

* Y/N stands for your name *

I poured the contents of the popcorn bag into a bowl and grabbed a handful, shoving it in my mouth.

"Y/N! Come on, the movies starting!" Ashton yelled from the living room.

I smiled and made my way in. My boyfriend, Ashton, was sprawled across the sofa, taking up all three seats with his long body.

His feet hung off one end and his head was propped up with a pillow at the other. One arm lay hanging off the side of the sofa, the other lay across his chest. His eyes were glued to the screen.

I walked in, placing the bowl on the small table beside the sofa and looked down at him.

"Move you long ass body so I can sit would you," I teased, nudging his arm with my leg.

He reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me so I fell on top of him. I shifted my body and he did too, so that I lay beside him rather than on top.

He threw his arms around my waist, cuddling me closer to him.

"Ahh, that's better," he sighed, his hot breath tickling the back of my neck.

"What if I didn't want to lay down?" I pressed.

"Tough luck baby, I want you to lay down by my side," he shrugged.

The movie began and my eyelids began to drop. I willed myself to stay awake but my body was having none of that. And I suddenly drifted off to sleep.

--

I awoke, to feel my body being rocked, swayed back and forth and as my eyes fluttered open, I recognised the bare chest of my boyfriend. I snuggled up closer to his body, and I heard him whisper, "Go back to sleep princess."

But I couldn't. I didn't want to sleep anymore and waste another second with him. He was back on tour in a few days and I was slightly annoyed that I'd wasted movie night sleeping.

He lay me down on the bed, crawling up beside me and pulled me into his chest. I lay, my back to him, as he held me close and hummed in my ear.

"Stop humming, you're going to make me sleep again," I whined, shifting my body so I were facing him.

He chuckled, his chest vibrating against me.

"Baby, you need to sleep. So sleep kitten," he purred, kissing your forehead.

"I don't want to waste a second with you. You'll be back soon," I reminded him.

He sighed, and looked away.

"Ash? You okay?" I asked, stroking his chest.

He didn't answer. He just kept looking away, his eyes glued to ceiling.

I pushed myself up, so I hovered above him and grabbed his face, forcing him to look at me. His cheeks were wet with the tears he'd shed.

"Ash," I cried, pulling him into my arms.

"I don't want to be reminded that I'm leaving you again," he whispered.

"I'm sorry, I won't remind you again," I said and he whispered a thank you.

"But Ashton, it won't be for that long this time. It's like what, 3 weeks and then I'll have time off and I can come stay with you for 2 weeks, and -" I explained, but he cut me off.

"It doesn't matter whether it's three months, two weeks, four days! Even one day!" he proclaimed. "Being away from you, even for the shortest amount of time, kills me. I miss being close to you, I miss seeing your face in the crowd, I miss waking up next to your beautiful face every damn morning! I miss you Y/N!"

"Ash," I cry, falling into his open arms.

He laid us both down again and cuddled me close.

"I miss our cuddles too, because they're the best thing ever. They lift me up on my worst days and make me smile. They remind me I'm loved and safe and that someone does care," he explained and I felt the tears dropping from my eyes.

"I love you more than anything or anyone Y/N," he whispered in my ear.

My eyes had closed and I managed to mutter out a small "I love you too."