I smile.
"You have always been careful with everyone. You were like that with me at the beginning, never trusted me".

She shakes her head.
"You are different, you were alone, you and Francesco are good friends. You became an ally but this girl, Rosalía. I don't trust her" she says her name in disgust.

I nod.
"Well you just have to try with her eventually, you may never know she might be like me. An ally that you pushed away for so long".

She smiles at me again and looks at my guns on the bed.

"So you aren't here to visit are you? Why are you here exactly? I won't tell my brother" she starts getting curious.

"I just have some things to look into, you know us Italians we have to be alert and aware" I smirk.

She smiles.
"Oh I am very aware".

"Found anyone?" She ask, seeming curious.

I look down and I stay silent.

"How come?" She ask again.

"Catalina you know me, we used to have our fun but you were the last woman I wanted to "have fun" with. My job is the most important thing to me for as long as I live. I won't devote myself to another woman again".

She rolls her eyes.
"Eww you sound like Francesco but for him I understand. Having the love of his life die in front of him was the worst thing for him. But for you... Cassian I won't force you to find someone or anything but I know your heart isn't always stone cold.

When you and I had our thing, you treated me with so much respect and love even though it was just fucking. But it was great, you will always mean something to me Cassian. So hope you will have that again with whoever else comes next" she winks at me.

I look at her and I almost start to consider her words. Could she fucking be right? Or am I just losing my shit?

Catalina kisses my cheek.
"See you at the event".

I nod and I watch her walk out. Catalina was the only one who in a way was like me, which is why we understood each other in our own ways. But her being my friend's little sister complicated things, which is why we broke things off. But our friendship remained the same.

I sigh as I decide to take only one gun with me. Let's hope I find what I need.

I leave my hotel room and I meet with Elio and Enzo in the lobby.

They were staring at a group of women walking by them and I roll my eyes. I walk up to them.

"Idiots this isn't the point of the trip, stay focused" I say.

Enzo laughs.
"Just because you decide to be without pussy, doesn't mean we will too".

I give him a glare and he stops laughing.

"Let's go" I tell them as we head to the car. The driver takes us to some hall that Francesco is having the charity event.

I look at my phone as I see a text from Axel.

"Vivian told me to thank you for helping her the other night. But also I am shocked you took her home as well... Cassian what are you up to?"

Why do they think I have something with this woman? I took her home and helped her into a car. It's called doing a kind gesture which these guys know nothing of, clearly.

"I just did a favor, that is all. Now keep those two out of trouble with Giovanni, I don't want to be involved again".

We arrive and I see many people getting out of their cars to head inside. I get out with Enzo and Elio as we head inside.