We pull up to the school, JJ taking a hit of his flask before shoving it in his pocket. 

"Hey, chill out." Kie says.

"If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ says, grabbing his bag.

"That's not funny." She snaps. 

I grab my bag, ignoring the pair and begin to walk to the school. I'm stopped however when I feel a light hand intwine with mine and pull me back gently. I know who's hand it is, I just can't be bothered looking at him. He's sweet and I do love him but I just can't get the look off of his face when he saw Kie and Pope kissing.

We walk up to the school as a group and see a little memorial that was made for JB. It had surf board in the center with his name painted on and old photos of him with flowers.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kie says, looking around.

"Oh yeah." JJ agrees.

"Guys I can't be late." Pope says, walking off. 

"Hey, hey! We gotta stick together." Kie says, holding her hand out for him. He looks at it for a second before grabbing it. JJ on the other hand lets go of my hand and walks off. 

"Stick together, yeah." He sasses. Kie grabs his upper arm and pulls him back. Jealousy floods my system. They're just friends, I have nothing to worry about.

I scoff lightly, "When you guys are done with your threesome, I'll be at my locker." I say, walking off.

"Jade!" Kie says, watching me walk off.

I go straight to my new locker, ignoring all of the whispers that followed me. I place my bag in it and grab my books for my first class. History.

"...and the slave becomes the new ruler. Now, Diocletian splits the sprawling Roman Empire..." Mr. Sun begins. I'm sitting next to Kie  while JJ is sitting in the right corner and Pope is sitting towards the middle. All of our phones chime, catching us off guard. "Who's phone was that?" He asks. "Nobody? You will be tested." He says, going back to teaching. I discreetly lift my phone up seeing  a notification from an unknown person. I frown glancing at the others only to find they're already looking at me with a questionable expression. I nod lightly, and watch as JJ gets up from his seat  to walk over to us. He crouches down between Kie and I and lifts his phone up to us showing the same picture we all have. John B and Sarah, alive. I nearly drop my phone at the sight but don't incase it's a cruel hoax. I stand up almost instantly and walk out of the room, JJ on my tail.

"We can go to the courtyard." Kie suggests. We all run to the yard still staring at the picture. "I mean is that even possible? Shoupe said they didn't make it. He said that." Kie says.

"Ok, but I... I think we're overreacting, 'cause we can't rule out the possibility that it's someone messing with us." I say.

"I'm just gonna ask." She says, sitting on a bench and typing a message.

kie- WTF, is this you??

Unknown- is JJ there?

JJ- Yeah I'm here Bree

Unknown- Did you pimp my short board?

JJ lets out a laugh as well as everyone else. "It's him." He says, smiling and hugging Pope.

I look down at my phone and begin typing.

You- Sarah? Are you ok?

Unknown- sunburnt but yeah, Jade, I'm ok.

I smile at the message and hug Kie almost instantly. "Yes." I say, crying into her shoulder.

"Oh my god." She says, pulling away. Before I even get the chance to breath I'm pulled off my seat and enveloped in a hug and spun around by JJ.