"Doing what?" Addie stared at the two. "What's too risky?"

"It's kind of a long story," Hermione said, heaving a stack of books onto her lap. "But you already have the power to destroy Dabria. You have the ancient dark magic in you--the potion that makes up Dabria. But dark magic has an opposing force, called light magic. You already have this in you--a special kind of magic passed through generations. It's a very pure form of magic, and the bearer is incredibly powerful even with little effort."

Ron continued for her. "Voldemort doesn't know about it, or he wouldn't have used you as Dabria's host. You can use your light magic to destroy the dark magic. You were born with light magic, so it doesn't run out. But the potion is drained of the dark magic each time Dabria takes control; it's limited. Your time at the manor would have reduced the amount of dark magic in you since Dabria was in control most of the time."

Hermione nodded alongside him. It felt like a wish come true. This was everything she could ask for—get her body back, regain control. Never be Voldemort's puppet ever again. Harry tensed beside Addie; his hand firm on her thigh.

"I'm not sure exactly how you could, but you have the power," Hermione said. "It's basically an exorcism... there's no exact procedure or anything—I don't know how to describe it—but essentially you have to target the dark magic within you and destroy it."

"So I could just...get rid of her? Right now?" Addie said, flabbergasted. She studied her hands, feeling the familiar warmth of magic flow to them. "It's worth the risk, whatever it is. I'll do it."

"No, Addie, you can't." Harry said, drawing her eyes back to his. He looked back to Hermione. "She could kill herself trying. I don't even know why we're talking about it—it isn't gonna happen, Hermione."

"Why not?" Addie stressed, turning to face him properly. His hand slid off her thigh.

"Killing Dabria could kill you too." His voice was firm. Hermione tried to cut in, but he kept going. "As far as we know, the dark magic is the only thing keeping you alive. Your heart doesn't beat because the magic does it's job. Who's to say it'll start again if you destroy the magic?"

"I'd rather die trying than do nothing at all," Addie pressed, feeling her eyes burn. "You don't get it, Harry—My body has never been my own. Killing Dabria is my best chance of getting it back."

"It's not worth risking your life over—"

"Maybe it is!" She stood, tears slipping down her cheeks. "Dabria is Voldemort's most powerful weapon. We can't risk him using her again! She's getting stronger, Harry. They were training her; preparing her. You haven't seen what I have. She's too dangerous. And if taking her down means taking me too, then..." she swallowed. "Then I'm willing to take that risk."

"Well I'm not."

"I don't wanna argue, Harry—"

"You can't be serious," he stood too. "We just got you back! We can get rid of her with other ways—I can switch you back, remember? Love stops you transforming, it brings you back, so—"

"Love isn't enough anymore! Dabria's too—"

"What do you mean it's not enough?"

"I didn't mean it like that—"

"It's worked before—it has to work again, I don't love you any less; nothing's changed!"

"Everything has changed! They're training her to resist my interference—training her to target you. If Voldemort doesn't kill you, she will, and they'll win. I have to kill her!"

"No,"Harry ran a hand through his hair, eyes stinging at her words. It was like losing her all over again. He shook his head. "I can't lose you again—I can't—"

"Harry, stop—" She wiped her face on her sleeve, pressing her trembling lips together. Her voice cracked as she spoke. "Dabria's a horcrux."

The tent grew silent. Harry blinked, taken aback.

Addie slumped back onto the bed, head in her hands. The thought had played in the back of her mind for a while now, but only now it seemed obvious. And from the look on Hermione's face, she had wondered about it too.

"It makes sense," Addie looked up, but regretted it once she saw the look on Harry's face. She shrugged helplessly. "Dabria's a powerful weapon; She can't be killed easily in his eyes. No one was supposed to know about her; about me, hidden under the lake. I was isolated. Nobody knew I was there. You can't destroy a Horcrux if you never knew it existed."

Harry rubbed his face, turning his back to her. Ron stared at the floor, suddenly sickly pale, and Addie could almost see the gears turning in Hermione's eyes as they met hers.

Addie spoke again, tentatively watching Harry's back. His broad shoulders were tense. She fiddled with her hands.

"If it means the end of Voldemort..." she swallowed. "We have to do it. Even if it kills me too. At least I can die knowing the monster who made me this way can't hurt anyone else."

Salty tears pooled down her face, and her voice shook as she whispered, "It's either losing me or losing the war."

But Harry shook his head. His back was still turned.

"I don't want to fight for a world that wouldn't have you in it," he said as he slipped outside. A cold breeze flickered through the tent flap, and she shivered.

A storm was coming.

><><
a/n:
...so anyways uhhhh

-g

P.S.

ily HIIII
let me know what u thought of the writing in this chapter! i'm tryna work on dialogue ahh

also, ive graduated year 12!!! i hope to update more bc i want to procrastinate studying 4 exams <3
with that being said...i've always wanted to be an author (can u tell), and i want to work on writing my own, original book next year so that's EXCITINGGG— pls lmk if you'd be interested in reading it if i ever got published bc i need validation 🫠

okay bye ilysm
-g
also this chap isn't edited lol