V.

Short update;)

⌲⌲⌲

I keep the night before with Warren hidden in my mind as a secret. While I get ready for school, though, I feel the sadness wash over me when I realize Layla isn't going to want to see me. I want to see her, though. I can't imagine life without her.

I walk downstairs and see Mom and Dad have already left.

"Ready to go?" Will asks and I nod.

We walk down the the bus stop and I slow down when I see Layla there.

"Layla!" Will smiles.

She greets him as usual, "Morning."

"You guys aren't going to believe what happened to me last night," Will smiles excitedly.

"Why are you waiting until now to tell me?" I ask him.

"Because I had to tell you both at the same time. Duh," he says.

"What happened?" Layla doesn't look at me.

"It's about homecoming," Will smiles.

"Actually, I wanted to talk about homecoming, too," Layla says and her gaze drifts over to me.

"I'm going with Gwen Grayson! Can you believe it? Me, a freshman, going with the most amazing girl at Sky High," Will brags and I just smile happily for him.

"Gwen? Really?" I question.

"Yeah!" he smiles.

"That's awesome," Layla congratulates him as the bus pulls up.

"Morning, Strongholds," Ron smiles as we get in.

Layla opts to sit beside Magenta. That's new.

I sit with my twin and try not to look over at the girl who is somehow mad at me right now.

⌲⌲⌲

"So, tell us your homecoming news," Will says as we walk on either side of him into Sky High.

"I'm going with Magenta," Layla says.

My heart sinks into my stomach.

"What?" I ask softly.

"Wow, I didn't expect that. Pretty cool, though," Will nods. "You never mentioned liking her."

"Well, some things change," Layla nods before glancing at me.

"I have a date, too," I announce and they both look at me in shock.

"What? Okay, woah, woah, woah. Who?" Will looks at me protectively.

"Warren Peace," I smirk.

Both of their faces drop.

"Warren?" Will asks.

"Peace?" Layla finishes.

"Ada, the guy is a psycho and our biggest enemy," Will says as I look down. "How could you possibly be going with him? He hates us."

"No, he doesn't," I argue.

"I knew you two were close, but why? What's going on with you?" Will tries to understand.

"Warren apologized for trying to hurt you," I say as we get into the hallway.

"Why do you call him 'Warren?'" Will's face contorts in a weird way.

"That was the secret," Layla realizes. She looks sad and I feel horribly.

"When did you even start hanging out?" Will asks me.