II.

Aaaaand one month later, I'm back! Sorry for the wait!

⌲⌲⌲

Zach has been ranting all throughout the lunch line and now we're trying to find seats and he's still talking.

"Ada! Over here," I hear a voice call to me. I look over and see some heroes sitting together. They're already segregated.

"Oh, no, I'm with them," I tell the girl and she frowns.

"You can go sit with them," the orange kid offers.

"And abandon you guys? No. They only like me for being a hero. You guys like me for being me," I say.

"Poetic," Layla approves as we sit down.

I do a double take over my shoulder when I see a handsome boy with long, dark hair staring at me.

"Is it just me, or is that guy behind us staring at me?" Will notices, too.

He's staring at Will? Why is he staring at anyone?

"Dude," Zach whispers.

"What?" Will and I ask in unison.

"That's Warren Peace," the platinum blond explains.

"That's Warren Peace?" Layla asks in shock.

"I know that name from somewhere," I say, but I can't recall where.

"His mom's a hero and his dad's a villain, Baron Battle," the redhead continues.

"So, where do I come in?" Will asks.

"Yeah, he's staring at me, too," I say and Will looks back at him protectively.

"Your dad busted his dad. Quadruple life sentence," orange boy tells us.

"Oh," I put my head down. I definitely don't want any bad blood here. I just got here.

"No chance of parole until after his third life," Magenta adds.

"Like a cat?" I ask, trying to make it a little bit less morbid.

"Like a 'he loathes you so much that he might kill you,'" Zach looks at him again.

I turn around for a second only to see his eyes burning into mine. I look away in an instant, terrified.

"That's great. It's my first day at Sky High and I already have an archenemy," Will comments.

"This isn't the high school experience I was hoping for," I say and Layla puts her pinky with mine.

"Is he still looking?" Will asks.

"No," Layla says.

"No?" I confirm.

"No," Layla shakes her head, but I can tell she's lying.

I turn over my shoulder and see him staring at Will and then at me.

"I thought you said he wasn't looking," Will frowns.

⌲⌲⌲

On the way back to class, we run into Gwen from earlier.

"Layla and Ada. Got it," she smiles at us. "I like your skirt," she tells Layla.

"Oh, thanks," Layla nods awkwardly as Gwen talks to Will.

She flirts with him and they make some sort of arrangement to meet up, but I'm so freaked out by Warren Peace that I can't think straight. What if he does something to me or Will? He looks capable of anything.