"Oh my god, you ARE jealous."

i blurt the first think that comes out of my mind.

"I'm not fucking jealous, can you please stop trying to fucking one up me every five minutes and answer the fucking question."

her eyes roll, "Ok alpha-"

i move closer, her looking directly up at me and i feel her breath on my upper nose.

"No. No sarcasm. Rosalita I swear to god, no matter how tempting you are, in anyway, if you are a danger to maria, my mother or my friends, I will not hesitate to do anything to protect them. We're partners here, ok, this isn't what you think it is." i rasp.

her eyes look up into me as a small sliver of her cocoa eyes come out. her mouth separates slightly as she fashions an unreadable face i can't crack. even for me.

"Ok, I'm...sorry. May we go back to the table now?" she says will still an unintelligible expression. she just, apologized. my brows furrow even harder then they already were. my face, unlike rosa's, was extremely clear. confusion and uneasy.

i silently moved aside for rosa to find her place back at the booth and i was left absolutely dumbfounded at what the actual fuck just transpired.

"que pedo esto."

...

"You're not slick you know." a confident voice blurts.

"And you're not good at comfortable silence. We all can't be good at everything now can we hermana." i respond

"Hey, don't be all passive aggressive with me because you're stupid little rendezvous with Rosa didn't work out the way you wanted it to." maria scoffs.

my face hardens, the car feeling a little colder. this is not how i wanted our ride home to go.

"As I said, you're not slick, I saw everything dude. Todo. Why are you so tied up with this viper chick. Especially if she's the enemy, i mean i don't know about you but personally I wouldn't be all buttcheek to buttcheek to someone we don't even know and we can barely trust."

i look at maria almost incredibly at this sudden urge to share (unwanted) advice.

wait.

"Maria, are you high?"

"Extremely."

"Gotcha."

"But that doesn't make my question any less valid. She's the enemy. How do you know she's not double crossing you?" she expanded.

when i don't respond she continues "Look, I love her Marce but she's too close. Is this the way?"

my knuckles grasp the steering wheel a little harder as i feel annoyance come over me. usually i'm chill. im a chill guy. but rosalita makes it so extremely easy for me to lose all my fucking cool.

"Do you care about avenging papa at all?" i spit

"Is this still about avenging papa?"

shit.
shit,
shit,
shit,
shit,
shit.
she has a point. was this about my father anymore? yes, yes it was, no doubt about it, that's not what maria was right about. but what she implied. that this whole...situation, isn't just about my father anymore...

it might be something else, something else i don't want to come to fruition.

i felt lightheaded and way too tired to deal with the gargantuan liability that is high maria. Alex and her stupid edibles.