twelve | red hood

Start from the beginning

Annabelle sighed to herself, while she heard one of Salvatore's men said to one of the cops, "Whoa, officer. Nothing going on here."

While he walked closer to one of Salvatore's men, one of the cops said, "Is that so? Your liquor license is out of date. We're gonna be confiscating this shipment."

The man asked the cop, "Hey, does Don Maroni know you guys are here?"

The cop ignored his question and said, "Walk away before I run you downtown."

The man shrugged before he and his partner walked away from the cop, while Oswald said, "This town is truly going to the dogs."

It was then that a thud was heard, which got Oswald to jump and Annabelle to chuckle to herself, while one of the men seated in the front of the car quickly pointed his gun at Butch, who said to them, "Evening, fellas." Then he nodded his head at Annabelle and said to her, "Annabelle."

Annabelle didn't bother to respond and only tilted her head, while one of the men turned off the safety to his gun, only for Oswald to wave the man off dismissively before he asked, "Why the smile, Butch? First, Maroni blocks our liquor, and now, the cops."

Annabelle sighed as Butch asked while he pointed at the cops, "Oh, who, them? They're with me. I always keep a few uniforms in the closet. A lot cleaner than going in guns blazing, don't you think?"

Oswald only turned his head away form Butch, which got Annabelle to chuckle to herself, while Butch said, "You're welcome, Oswald."

Annabelle laughed to herself, while she watched Butch walk away from them and congratulated one of the cops on the job he did and didn't bother to glance over at Oswald, while she listened to Butch tell the cops where to load Salvatore's liquor.

* * *

Annabelle sighed, while she dropped another body and watched her victim's head roll over towards the pile of heads she had stacked up.

After she and Oswald had returned to his nightclub, Annabelle couldn't help but feel a little down.

She wasn't able to kill anyone, seeing as how Carmine had restricted her from going out on her own and doing her own thing.

It was as if he needed her to be Oswald's little guard dog that would drop everything and ensure his safety, despite the fact that she couldn't care less about whether or not Oswald lived.

He was nothing to her and would remain nothing to her, no matter how much Carmine wished otherwise.

If anything, the only people she wished to not be harmed were Carmine and Victor.

Despite her initial hatred for Victor when she first started to work for Carmine, the hitman had grown on her and she'd hate it if someone were to try and harm him.

Then there was Carmine, who had kept his word and didn't inform her brother that she was inside of Gotham, which she was most grateful for.

Her reason for her loyalty towards Carmine was that he was a reasonable man that stood by his word, and that was something she respected about him.

After all, not many men stood by their word, as he had been doing for the past eleven years.

Not even her own siblings would do that, given how they had a way of finding a loophole when they gave their word to someone.

She would also do that and found it handy whenever she needed to scare someone into doing her bidding, if they had vervain in their system.

For example, there was a time when a vampire had pissed her off and she knew that when they were older, he turned his younger siblings into vampires so that he would never have to risk the chance of losing them.