twelve | red hood

Start from the beginning

While he limped over towards Butch, Oswald retorted, "He was hardly a fan of Fish, either. Why did he sell her booze?"

Butch replied, "Business is business. But he hates you with a passion. But he can't kill you, so—"

Oswald asked him, "But what about Annabelle's booze? I see her with some all the time. Hell, she has some with her right now."

Butch told him, "That's Annabelle's booze. She brings it with her from each temporary home she stays in. She never shares them with anybody. Well, unless she trusts you or has grown a liking towards you and given how she doesn't like you and just wants me dead, it's not very likely to happen."

Oswald groaned as he said, "This is ridiculous. There's a thousand places to buy booze."

Butch replied, "Well, that's where it gets complicated. See, Maroni, he supplies this whole side of town. No one would dare cross him to help you."

It was only when Oswald heard a glass break and a woman yell 'boo' that he turned around to see the man dodging the broken bottle and Annabelle laughing as the man said while he walked off of the stage, "Thank you. Bye. Sorry."

Annabelle laughed even harder when one man said, "You're not funny."

It was then that Annabelle's laughter became even louder, while she heard a man say, "And you're not telling jokes."

Oswald sighed when he saw just how much Annabelle was enjoying the fact that the man that was on the stage was dodging anything else she threw at him before he turned to look at Butch and said to him, "You must take great pleasure watching me fail."

Butch replied, "On the contrary. I was with Fish when we took this place off a Chinese bookie nine years ago. It was used for cockfighting. Took forever to get the smell out. My blood, sweat and tears are in this dive."

Oswald sighed before he said, "Well, if you'll excuse me, it seems as though I need to procure some alcohol for my dwindling clientele."

While Oswald started to limp away from the bar, Butch said to him, "Be careful. You've seen what happens when you cross Maroni."

While Oswald continued to limp past Annabelle, she quickly got up out of the chair and followed him out of the nightclub as she hoped that there would be some form of an altercation between Salvatore and Oswald.

Despite her enjoyment in seeing bottles get thrown at the failed comedian, she was in a dire need to kill someone after not doing it ever since the night she murdered that blonde woman at Haly's Circus and all of the people she killed after she and Victor had left the circus.

* * *

While the two men sitting in the front of the car loaded their guns with bullets and Oswald only chuckled to himself as he watched two of Salvatore's men walk in and out of one of their trucks, Annabelle sighed to herself.

Then Oswald turned his head away from the window and asked with a chuckle, "That's it? Just two workers? This'll be easy."

Annabelle scoffed and shook her head to herself, while Oswald said, "Make it quick, guys."

It was only when they heard approaching sirens and saw cops stepping out of their vehicles that Annabelle started to chuckle to herself, while she glanced at Oswald, whose face had fallen once he saw the cops.

Oswald said to himself, "Well, this is inconvenient."

Annabelle's chuckling grew louder, which got Oswald to turn to her and glare, only to stop when she narrowed her eyes at him and her veins had come onto display.