57 | CARRERA THEFT AUTO

Start from the beginning

"Wait, there's seriously something in here." JJ shook his head, digging deeper before retracting his arm with a golden and maroon trinket.

"Let me see it." Pope reached up. Athena held her hand up to help Kie down, JJ jumping down after Kie, grabbing Athena's other hand. "HSM Royal Merchant."

"Give it to the captain. Here we go. It's a spyglass." JJ yanked it open, peering through the peephole.

"There's something on the end." Kie nodded, their eyes moving towards the little writing.

"An inscription right there. Look at that shit." John B looked down at it.

"I cant read it." Pope squinted.

"Give it here. I have better eyesight than you." Athena took the spyglass, looking down at the cursive writing. "'You've come this far. Do not falter. The cross is on the Freedman's altar.'"

"This cross is at the church!" Pope announced as his face lit up.

"We are we doing here, guys?" JJ called with wide eyes.

"Come on!" Pope encouraged as they got back into the van.

"I think I'm psychic." Athena stated, speaking to Sarah as they sat together. "I've predicted two things now but passed them off as a joke."

"You're not psychic Athena." Sarah let her down.

"Weirder things have happened." Athena scoffed.

"Ah, crap! The tide!" John B exclaimed.

"Oh, this doesn't look good." Pope huffed as he looked out the window at the once small mud hole, now looking like an entire lake.

"How deep is that?" Kie questioned.

"Dunno, the roads gone." John B shook his head, looking out the cracked window.

"Tide rose a little faster than I thought it would." JJ scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, John B, how high are the spark plugs?"

"They're good. We're fine." John B hesitated.

"How high are they?" Pope repeated JJ's words.

"Oh, um." John B looked out the window. "Just above the taillight."

The group shared an unsure look before Pope spoke up. "So that's, what, three feet?"

"That's three feet, yeah." JJ hummed.

"That water can't be three feet deep." Kie scoffed.

"Then what'd the problem?" The curly haired boy looked back.

"Not a problem. No, we're good. We're good. She'll make it." JJ nodded his head, turning back correctly in his seat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, fasted your seat belts. Hold onto something." John B braced them. Athena took a deep breath, holding onto Sarah and Kie's hand. "Three, two, one!"

The group all yelled when it took a moment for the twinkie to move, finally getting out of the mud and speeding forward. Cheers echoed off the metal doors, yelling for John B to go faster as they neared the end, loosing control and swerving off into the swamp.

"I think we miscalculated." Pope said as Sarah squeezed her index finger and thumb close together.

"I knew I should have driven." JJ sighed.

"Maybe we can walk from here." Pope spoke as they all got out and looked around the stuck van.

"What? And leave the Twinkie? The tide's coming in." John B gave a look of disbelief.

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Kie huffed.

"Not stay here." JJ answered her.

"I have my jeep." Athena piped up, sighing.

"What?" John B looked over.

"My jeep." Athena repeated. "My dad bought it to me for my birthday. It's at Kie's house."

"You sure, Thena." John B sent her a questionable look.

"Yeah, I mean if I ruin it it'll show my family I'm finally down with and their money." Athena shrugged. "I just need someone to come with me."

"We need something to pull her out with. There's the winch at the Chateau." JJ hummed alongside her. "That's like two miles."

"Yeah that's a good idea." Sarah nodded.

"If you're gonna do it, let's go, okay?" John B told them.

"All right, Kie you coming?" Athena turned to Kiara, knowing she would want to go with them.

"Yeah, let's go." Kie took Athena's outstretched hand.

"Tide's coming in. Twinkie's going underwater." John B informed them.

"Double time, Kie, Attie, we gotta move." JJ encouraged them.

The trio got to Kie's house, sneaking past Kie dad's truck and seeing Athena's jeep parked in front of it.

"Where are your keys?" JJ asked the girl.

"Inside." Athena sighed, looking towards Kie.

"Are you sure you wanna do this, a little Carrera theft auto?" JJ asked the two.

"No."

"Not really."

JJ opened the gate quietly, "All right, here we go. Go, go, go, go, go, go."

Athena followed Kie up the stairs onto the front porch and towards the Carrera front door. Athena walked behind Kie as she opened the door as quietly as possible, hearing her parents on the other side. The two sneaked in and around the corner to see Anna and Mike laughing and smiling as they ate dinner, it not being as if Kie ever left.

Athena took Kie's hand in comfort as the two shared a sad look. Kie leant over, quietly picking up Athena's jeep from the bowl on the side, walking back out the house, Anna's laughter getting quieter as they got further away.

The two rushed down the stairs, Kie throwing the keys to Athena as she pushed the unlock button. The trio jumped into the car, Kie in the back as JJ sat in the passenger seat. Athena quickly put the keys in her car, the engine revving as it started.

"Hey Kie." Athena greeted as she drove.

"What's up Thena." Kie spoke.

"I got you." Was all Athena said, confusing JJ but making Kie smiled.

"I know you do." Kie smiled.

"I'm so lost." JJ stated, making the two laugh.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦
it being athena's jeep does nothing for the plot that athena is with them
next chapter ;)
it's over soon :(
who wants a dt on my modern family fic?

𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦it being athena's jeep does nothing for the plot that athena is with them next chapter ;)it's over soon :(who wants a dt on my modern family fic?