It's quiet as we head over to the basement.

Cesar leads me down and when we reach the bottom I realize that it's cleaner than the last time.

The stench wasn't as bad either.

Their wasn't a single drop of blood in sight, including on the weapons.

The only blood I saw was the ones droppings straight from Sylvester's veins.

"Did you..." I slowly trail off, looking at Cesar and he gives me a single nod.

"Mr. Antonio informed me that you did not like the sight of blood," he says and my stomach grows warm.

"Thank you, Cesar," I show him a soft smile and he nods again, walking towards the stairs behind me.

He stands still - like a soldier - and I turn to face Sylvester.

Sylvester raises his head with what looks like a smile - a grin maybe - and I swallow hard.

"You miss me, sweetheart?" his voice comes out hoarse and croaky.

"Where is he?" I ask and his eyes are weak and low.

He knows who I'm referring to.

Alexander.

"Why? So that you can send your fucked up fiancé after him?" he coughs.

"You're one to talk," I scoff. "You let Alexander do all those things to me when I was nothing but good to both of you," I snap back, feeling bile rise in my throat. "How could you?" I ask in disbelief.

"How could I?" he laughs but groans in pain. "Darling, who do you think gave him all those little ideas?" he asks, his head low and heavy. "Who do you think watched as he took advantage of you, all three times?" he asks and my stomach drops. "Who do you think watched when he let both men into the house?" he asks and my eyes sting. "Who do you think watched when you got in and out of the shower?"

"What... h- how did you-"

"Camera's, sweetheart. I couldn't miss the fun, now could I?" he asks and I bite down onto my bottom lip. "I had convinced him to ask you to move in with him for the time being. It wasn't long but it was enough."

"Why? I did absolutely, nothing, to you."

"I told you. Worthless, pathetic little girls like you, belong to powerful men like him and I."

"How many?" I ask and he doesn't answer. "How many others were there before me?"

"Too many to count," he chuckles and yet again, groans. He curses under his breath and I let out a shaky breath.

"And when I found out you were Nereus' sister, man did I-" he groans, coughing out blood.

I turn my head, taking a deep breath in.

"I couldn't let you go just yet."

"You're never getting out of here," I shake my head. "You're not gonna hurt me or any fucking one else, ever again. Neither of you will," I assure him, stepping closer. "I will watch as Antonio hurts you, over and over so that you can feel just a fraction of what I'll feel, every time I try to be happy."

He lifts his head, his expression clear.

He's mad.

"Your fiancé is pathetic," he spits out. "He's nothing but a psychotic killer who needs his head fucking checked out. He's no better than-" I cut him off with a smack.

"You don't get to talk about Antonio."

He scoffs, shaking his head carefully.

"One day he'll hurt you too. He'll never be capable of being a normal human being. He'll always be screwed up."

Just then, the door opens and footsteps descend from the stairs.

I turn back to see Antonio stop at the bottom of the stairs, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows.

I turn back to Sylvester and he shakes his head.

Antonio stops next to me and turns my face to him. He wipes a tear - that had unintentionally fallen - off my cheek and looks over at Sylvester.

"You're making her cry?" he asks and I watch as Sylvester swallows hard.

Antonio tsks and walks over to the steal table.

He opens a packaged box - it seemed new - and Cesar walks over to him.

"That package gives me deja vu," he humorously says.

It was him. Of course it was.

Antonio pulls out a thick, silver chain and Cesar picks up the blow torch. I watch as they put on gloves, heating the chain.

I cross my arms over my chest, stepping back.

Antonio looks over at me and I give him a single nod.

"Wait!" Sylvester cries out and I look over at him. "If I tell you his location, you have to promise you won't let him use that on me," he heavily breathes.

"I don't care about the torture. I just want his location," I say and Sylvester looks between the two of us. "Just tell, me," I soften my voice.

There's a brief silence before Sylvester speaks.

"Your first Christmas together," Sylvester says and I slightly frown. He swallows hard and realization hits me.

I nod, knowing exactly where he is.

Alexander had taken me to a lake house in Connecticut for our first Christmas together. It was owned by his parents but they rarely visited.

Antonio walks over to Sylvester with the heated chains and Sylvester shakes his head.

"Nirah, you promised," he says and I slightly tilt my head to the side.

"You were the first man I called, that night. You promised me something too, remember?" I ask and his face grows in fear. "Don't you wish you had kept that promise?" I ask and see Antonio grinning at me.

Putting my hands up - surrendering - I walk backwards and Antonio turns to face Sylvester.

One whip.

Two whips.

Three whips.

The room fills with Sylvester's cries and I slightly flinch at his loud wailing.

Antonio heats up the chain again and whips him three more times.

Sylvester's body goes numb as he hangs like a puppet.

Antonio walks over to me and I don't tear my eyes off Sylvester. "Are you sure you wanna stay?" he asks and I look at him.

"I-"

"You're both fucked up," Sylvester interrupts me in between reluctant sobs.

"Yeah, I'm-"

"El demonio will make you both pay," he interrupts me again and I sigh, looking up at the ceiling. I open my mouth to speak but so does he. "I'll end up winning, just you wait," he says - his head still hanging low.

"You're starting to piss me off, Sylvester," I say and he spits out a chunk of blood towards me.

"I can't wait to see you both burn in hell," he talks through gritted teeth.

Walking over to the steal table, I pick up a can of gasoline.

"May I?" I ask Antonio and he nods, showing me a mischievous grin.

Opening it up, I soak Sylvester in the gasoline. I drop the can on the steal table, picking up the lighter.

"You'll never be able to see that," I shake my head. "But we will."

With a click, I toss the lighter towards him and watch his eyes grow wide with the reflection of the flame in his eyes.

No. I win.

___

HI EVERYONE<33
sorry that my updates have been slow. it'll go back to normal now!!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!