Kakashi stands protectively in front of me as he pulls out a kunai and orders, "Kimiko, get out of here."

"But, what about you?!" I ask.

"We've gotta get that scroll back to the Leaf Village. I'll hold them off for as long as I can. Now, get going!" Kakashi explains to me.

"But—!" I try to protest, only for the silverette to cut me off with a slight growl of frustration.

"Shin! Take Kimiko, and go! Protect her."

Shin nods his head in understanding as he mutters, "Very well, Kakashi. Let's go, M' Lady." Shin turns to me pointedly.

I hesitate, not wanting to leave my teammate behind, but knowing he's right.

With my bangs hiding my gaze, I turn to my wolf as I order Kakashi, "You'd better catch up, Hatake, or I'll be mad at you more than I was the other morning."

I feel him smirk as the silverette responds, "I'll keep that in mind. Now, get going!"

Shin and I take off and it wasn't long before the sounds of blades clashing resonate through our ears.

I never thought I'd worry so much for the Hatake, but I am in this moment.

Shin and I leap through the bamboo forest towards the Leaf Village at our full speed.

"Kimiko-sama," Shin addresses wearily, and I nod my head in understanding.

"Yeah. I know," I say just before I unsheathe my katanas while casting the Misty Moonlight Jutsu on it that turns them invisible, and whirl around in time to block the broad sword of Noboru, the greenette giving me an irritated glare.

I throw him back and Shin and I leap to the other side of a small river, in our ready stances.

"One last chance, Princess! Hand over the scroll!" The Tanaka tells me.

"No," I say bluntly before doing rapid hand signs. "Lightning Buriel: Banquet of Lightning!" I channel electricity into my blades and it races at high speeds across the water, right for Noboru who grits his teeth.

Noboru leaps out of the way in time and does his own hand signs. "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

He expels flame from his mouth but I was already activating my Sharingan.

"Water Style: Raging Waves Jutsu!" I expel a huge amount of water from my mouth and it hits his Jutsu head-on. There's an angry hiss as the water grows bigger than the fireball, until it extinguishes it. I do another set of hand signs, changing my Kekkei Genkai to Ice Release. "Ice Release, Secret Jutsu: A Thousand Needles of Death!"

I stomp my foot on the river surface and countless needles of ice float up before I send them flying for the greenette. He manages to deflect all of them with his sword, however.

"Fire Style," Noboru chants, "Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" He sends small fireballs in my direction. Once again, I use my Water Style Jutsu to douse them.

Noboru grits his teeth in frustration before launching himself across the river at me, broad sword raised. There's a clang as our swords meet. His green eyes widen when he sees my katanas are invisible.

We exchange several swift blows, our bodies blurs through the bamboo. When I would dodge an attack and Noboru would swing his sword at me, some of the bamboo would be sliced.

I feel his sword cutting into my arms and legs whenever I fail to dodge in time. We soon break apart after another strong clash and stand a few paces away.

Noboru smirks. "Your swords are invisible, huh? Let me guess: yours are 100 center meters long and 7 millimeters wide with only half the thickness. You use a light standard katana, right?"

My violet eyes were wide with astonishment. He figured out my Sora's after only a few blows?

I have to end this quickly.

"Genjutsu," I say, focusing my Sharingan, "Illusory Scent: Thorns!" I cast the Genjutsu on the thief and he immediately hunches over in pain. "Since you know about my blades, I'll have to end you quickly."

After a few more minutes, Shin comes bursting out of the trees along with five more of him, meaning he's cast his Wolf Mirage Genjutsu. They attack Noboru, biting, slashing, punching and kicking.

When they stop, I release Noboru from the Genjutsu and stalk up to him. I grip my invisible katanas as I point them at the man.

"It's over!" I say before I go to plunge one of my swords into him. However, he ducks and slugs me on the side with the hilt of his broad sword.

I hear something crack as my eyes jerk wide. I scream loudly at my broken rib as I'm sent sailing into the bamboo behind me.

I hit it hard and slump to the ground, my hair clip having come out in the process so my bangs cover my eyes.

"Kimiko-sama!" Shin exclaims, running over to me. He stands protectively before me and growls at the greenette as Noboru gets to his feet, gripping his sword and stalking up to me.

I struggle to lean up on my hands to gaze up at him through my bangs, my teeth gritted in pain.

"I'll kill you, then take back the scroll!" Noboru declares. He then thrusts his sword towards my chest and I brace myself for the end.