Something Stranger

Start from the beginning

Edward wasn't convinced.

"It's okay Edward," Teresa said to him. "I'll see you tomorrow,"

Edward sighed reluctantly. "Okay,"

He stood up and followed Janson. But he glanced behind his back and decided to look one last time at Teresa. She was looking back at him with the same expression. But Jerry suddenly swerved in front of her blocking her view of him. Edward felt his fist turning rigid. He didn't why he was getting like this. Was it jealousy?

He followed Janson down the corridor towards the room where his brother and friends would be waiting.

Janson slid the car over the car monitor at the door. Edward frowned. If this is a sanctuary, why is this room like a prison cell?

The door opened. Janson cocked his head. "They'll be inside,"

Edward was distrustful.

"You're alive because of me are you not?" he said a little rudely.

Edward just walked inside and he didn't look back. The door closed behind him. He saw everyone's faces turned to him. They

"Eddie!" Chuck slid down the bunk of his bed and he ran into Edward's open arms.

"Hello Chuckie," Edward ruffled his hair and hugged him tightly.

"You gave us a scare you shank," Minho came over and ruffled his hair much to his annoyance.

"Well, I'm alive. Though I'll be living with a scar for the rest of my life,"

"Can we see it?" Winston suddenly asked.

"Oh no," Thomas opposed, walking forward. "Not on my watch,"

Edward was elated to see his brother. Thomas was beyond tears. In an instant, he pulled Edward into his arms. "I'm never letting you out of my arms again little brother,"

"I'm okay Tom. And please stop calling me 'little'," Edward complained gently.

"I won't let anything happen to you again," he promised, letting go of him.

"Stop babying your brother Tommy. He can handle himself," Newt said approaching. "It's good to see you Ed,"

"It's good to see all of you," Edward said relievedly.

"Hey, where's Teresa?" Chuck asked.

"They still need her for some tests," Edward rolled his eyes. "I just wished Janson's son Jerry wasn't so rude back there,"

"I'm really glad you're back with us," Thomas was overjoyed.

"Thomas couldn't stop babying about you," Chuck teased.

Edward chuckled. Thomas frowned. "It's not funny Ed. You jumped in the way of a knife that should have pierced me. I couldn't stop thinking about it. You could have died because of me,"

"But he's alright Thomas," Newt patted his shoulder. "That's what matters,"

Thomas instantly felt a great weight of the guilt lifted off his shoulders. Newt's motivating smile made him feel relaxed.

"Why don't we turn in and get some sleep?" Minho suggested. He yawned and stretched out his arms. "We might get moved on to a new home tomorrow and we'll need to be ready,"

"You're sleeping under with me," Chuck pulled Edward to his bunk. "Do you want to go top or bottom?"

"You got top Chuckie," Edward patted his back.

"Thank you," Chuck gave him one last hug and then scurried up the ladder to bed. Edward sat in bed. He looked across and saw Thomas opposite him under Newt's bed. They gave each other encouraging smiles and then turned in.