Chapter 12

April 8th, 2022 7:00 pm

Morgana's POV

Tomorrow was game day. My first international game for the senior USWNT team. I spent all of today feeling like I was going to pass out after practice. Then Lindsey suggested we all have a movie night in her room, so we did. She invited everyone, but not everyone could make it. 

I walked in a few minutes late, so there was almost no room left. Lindsey and Rose's room was way differently set up from ours, so it had enough room for everyone to fit. Everyone had brought their own blankets and pillows per Lindsey's request, and she made a bunch of popcorn in her microwave. 

"Morgie I saved you a seat!" Mal called from one of the beds. 

"Morgie?" I whispered to myself as I walked over to sit down. 

I climbed into the spot between Mallory and Ashley, so I was pretty on edge. In front of me, laying on her side on the end of the bed was Sophia, and she waved to me and said hi. 

"Hi Soph." I said, giving her the 'please help me' look. 

She patted my leg in reassurance and then turned to fight with Lindsey about what to watch. 

Kelley got involved and it escalated quickly, her adding  in a good movie that I waned to watch, but she was quickly shot down and pushed back onto the couch by Lindsey. 

Lindsey ended up winning the fight and we ended up watching a really cheesy movie. 

"It's so damn obviousl that the guy is going to get the girl and live happily ever after. Why such a dumb predictable movie, Lindsey?" I complained. 

"If you don't have anything nice to say, say it in french, french girl." She said. 

"I have to say I agree with Morgana." Ash Hatch said. 

"I'm going to have to say I agree with Lindsey, because you can complain or talk shit about me in french and it would be hot." Kelley said. Everyone laughed. 

"Kelley stop hitting on her." Lindsey said. 

"I'd never hit on Mal's girl." She laughed. 

"Um, yeah you would." Said Ashley Sanchez. 

"Mal's girl? Rally?" I said. 

"Mhm." Said Kelley. 

"What's that about?" Asked Rose from the other bed, rolling onto  her back, her head hanging off the edge of her bed. 

"Nothing." Kelley replied. 

"Everybody shut up! I'm trying to watch the movie!" Yelled Lindsey. 

"Well we don't want to." Ashley said. 

Lindsey just looked at her and gave her the finger. Mal, Ashley and I all returned it kindly.

I ended up falling asleep about 20 minutes into the second movie, because it was another dumb choice but this time by Sophia. 

When I woke up, Mallory had been replaced by pillows which shocked me and Ashley was cuddled into me but awake. Sophia was asleep at the bottom of the bed, Kelley was laughing with Ash Hatch about something, and Rose was asleep on the other bed. Lindsey was still watching the movie, even though she had nothing to prove considering it was Sophia's pick. 

"Where's Pugh?" I whispered. 

"I don't know." Ashley whispered. 

"Why did she leave? Did she say? Why did she put pillows in her place?" I asked rapid fire. 

"Shhh." Ashley put her hand over my mouth. 

I looked around the room one more time, scanning for Mal before I fell asleep again. 

"Morgana. Morg. Cmon. We have to leave now. Wake up." I heard as Ashley shook me awake. 

"What time is it?" I asked. 

"It's way later than it should be. Kelley and Ash just LEFT without telling the other 5 of us that were asleep that the movie ended. Let's go." She yanked me up. "Get up Soph and I'll wake them." 

We headed back to our rooms after that, and I went in mine, but much to my dismay Mal wasn't there. I called her with no response and then texted her. 

I made sure to check if she was in the bathroom and I texted a few girls to see if she was with them, but she wasn't and they were mad at me for waking them up. 

"I'll help you find her if you were going to look." Kelley said. 

"I'm kinda getting worried, because it's 2 am and we have a game tomorrow." So if you would that would be amazing." 

"Yeah. I'll check the pool area. You check around the places in the lobby."" 

We stayed on the phone as we walked around. 

"No Mal?" She asked. 

"Nope." I replied. 

"Well she's not at the pool." 

"That's a relief." 

"Why?" 

"Never mind." 

"No story time?" 

"No story time, Kel." 

"Aww but it's probably good!!" 

"Maybe another day." 

"What do we do now?" 

"I have an idea of where she could be." 

I rode the elevator to the top floor, then found the utility stairs. I looked to make sure no one was around, then I slipped under the chain barricading them from the rest of the hallway. 

"Pretty sure this is illegal." I sighed to myself. "You better be up here, Mal." 

I stepped out onto the roof of the hotel, overlooking a city. Though it was freezing, I wasn't cold because I had went to my room and put on a hoodie and a big jacket. 

"Mal? Mallory. What's up girl?" I said as I spotted her. 

"I just needed some air." She said. 

"For 3 hours?" 

"Yep." 

"What's really wrong?" 

"Nothing that I can talk to you about." 

"You're too good." I laughed. "Taking a page from  my book." 

"I mean it." 

"Alright. I'm going to respect your privacy like you did mine." I told her. "But why don't you come down with me and get some sleep because we have a game tomorrow." 

"Alright. What time is it?" 

"Uh, 2:15." 

"God damn." She said, and grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs.