Ben Threw

A/N: The picture in the side bar is what I imagine Scarlett looking like. Thanks for reading! Vote or comment if you want more!

He motioned for me to follow him, and we walked down the street together. We avoided crowds as he led me to a restaurant a block away. “So what’s your name?” He was looking at me while he was walking, I looked at him and smiled shyly. I normally wasn’t like this, but there was just something about him that made me so nervous.

“My name is Scarlett.” I said softly. He chuckled under his breath as we walked in the door of the small Mexican restaurant that he had brought me to. He was soft spoken as he asked for a table for two, and didn’t say much until a little Hispanic woman had seated us at a two top alone in the back of the restaurant.

“So what brings you to our show, Scarlett.” I peered at him over my menu before putting it down and looking into his big brown eyes.

“Well, you’re in my favorite band. I could never pass up a chance to see you guys play, especially since I couldn’t go to your last headliner or warped tour since I was so sick.“ He raised an eyebrow as he took a sip of his diet coke.

“Sick? With what?” I looked down and then back at him.

“I uhm, I had cancer.” I ran my fingers through my hair that was primarily extensions because my hair was still short from when it had all fallen out due to chemotherapy.

“Really?” His eyes widened with sympathy and compassion. I nodded and looked away, staring at the feet of the people a few tables away from us. My eyes started to water and my hand that was sitting on the table was shaking. I shut my eyes, trying to ward off the tears that threatened to pour down my cheeks. “Hey don’t be sad. You’re better now.” He reached across the table and softly grabbed my chin to look at him as his words quietly came out of his mouth. I half smiled and he gave me a shy grin. We began a soft conversation about the town that we were in, and he described a few encounters that he had with people who lived here in Orlando.

“Do you live close to the venue?” he asked and I shook my head no.

“I live about two hours away, actually.” His eyes brightened.

“You came all this way for us?” I smiled and nodded. I had come all that way just to see the band that saved my life. “That’s awesome. I totally owe it to people like you who come so far to see us. We would’ve never made it this far without the dedicated fans who really believe in us.” We both looked in each other’s eyes for what seemed like hours. We didn’t break eye contact, we didn’t speak, and we just looked at each other. Austin seemed to have a sort of longing in his eyes as he looked at me.

“I think I owe it to you guys for saving my life, really. If it wasn’t for you five, I wouldn’t be here.” He looked down at my wrist which I had resting on the table. He put his hand out and motioned to mine. When I stuck it out for him he turned my arm over and looked at the lines of scars that I had up and down my wrist. I looked away from him but he caught my gaze.

“Scarlett you are so much more than this. You’re so beautiful, and I mean that. Don’t let things effect you so much that you have to resort to things like this. It gets better, and I want you to know that.” He was holding my hand now and rubbing his thumb back and forth against mine. I felt so relaxed and so comfortable with him right in front of me, speaking softly and holding my hand. It felt so right.

We had gone back to speaking softly as we ate the appetizers we ordered. We were in the midst of talking about Disney World when a slim red haired figure appeared next to us. Alan Ashby.

“Dude where have you been? We were supposed to be in the green room twenty minutes ago.” Austin sighed and looked at me, then back at Alan. He was still holding my hand, though.

“Want to join us?” He was looking back at me again. My eyes widened and I looked at both of them.

“Are you sure? I mean I don’t want to intrude or anything.” I whispered, trying not to get overly excited. They both nodded.

“Of course. If you want you can watch our set from backstage.” My hands started shaking and I almost started to cry.  The guitarist and vocalist of my favorite band were asking me to hang out with them and watch their set from back stage.

I had just eaten with the vocalist, someone I had looked up to and had a huge crush on ever since I had laid eyes on him. And he was holding my hand!