Chapter 5 | Love & Coffee

Start from the beginning

Muttering a small thankyou, I took a few gulps of water realising how thirsty I actually was.

"What's your name?" He asked, placing his forearms on the table and intertwining his fingers.

"Drea."

"That's a beautiful name, Drea." He complimented.

I guess this is the second compliment I ever got in my life?

I bit my lips. "Thank you."

He then extended his hand forward for a handshake. "I'm Atlas, I own this cafe. And since we are already short of a waitress, you are welcome to work here."

With trembling fingers, I grasped his hand hesitantly for a hand shake still not believing that I really got the job. Just like that.

"Y-you...you are not... joking, right?"

He chuckled deeply and shook his head. "Of course, not, Drea. I'm hundred percent sure. You can work here."

I couldn't stop the wide smile that formed on my face. "Thank you. Thank you so much!"

Seeing me smile, he smiled too and God, it was such a cute smile.

"When can I start?"

He pondered for a moment. "When do you want to start? Today or from tomorrow?"

"Today", I said eagerly.

"Very well", he said standing up. "Come on, I'll show you around."

.
.
.

Atlas showed me around the cafe patiently and even taught me how to operate certain machines and even a few of the recipes.
He was kind, polite and sweet for which I was very grateful. The last thing I wanted was a grumpy boss.

It was late in the evening by the time I finished with everything and the cafe was about to be closed. I insisted on working the whole 'cause I really didn't have anything else to do.

I was so busy with everything that I didn't even notice the rain pouring outside just as I came out making me take a step back inside to sheild myself from the rain.

I didn't have an umbrella. And it was literally pouring.

Even though the house wasn't that far, I would still get drenched which I hate. I thought of calling a cab but that would be just a waste of money plus I don't really have any money.

"Aargh!" I muttered to myself.

"No umbrella?" Someone said from behind.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Atlas standing there with an umbrella in his hand.

"Um...yeah..." I said sheepishly.

"Where's your home?" He asked stepping closer.

I wouldn't really call it a home but anyway...

"Just down the street..."

"Come on, I will walk you till there." He offered.

"No, it's okay...I'll manage. You don't need to do that." I don't want to burden him in anyway.

"Drea", he said softly, "it's alright. My home's also not that far, I can drop you off."

"I...I...just don't want to... trouble you..."

"I'm the one who offered it first. If it really would have troubled me then I would have never offered you. Okay?"

I ruminated for a moment, it was getting late too...I really need to go back. And he's the only option I have right now.