"That's right, that's the way of the ninja." Naruto finished.

Y/n felt relieved as he knows that Naruto can't think as his team can. But yet he was always able to come up with inspiring words.

The watchers nodded at Ibiki, one by one they smiled. He nodded back at them, "Well then, I admire your determination if nothing else. And that's for me to tell you...that you've all passed the first exam!"

Y/n couldn't hold it as he laughed as people look at him as crazy. Ibiki then joined in the laugh from the faces.

"Hold on! Why are you two laughing! Where's the tenth question?!" Sakura asks.

"S-S-Sakura, that was the tenth question!" Y/n said trying to calm down. 

"HAHA! The boy is right! For you guess to choose to stay was the tenth question." Ibiki smiled.

"Wait a second. So the other nine questions you gave us were just a waste of time. Is that what you're saying? Another thing, why are you laughing!" Temari demanded pointing at Y/n who calm down.

"I laughed because of the faces but also because I just now realize all of this part," Y/n confesses. 

"W-What do you mean?" Naruto asks. 

"The whole test was simple, it was for us to use not get caught cheating," Y/n said as others were still confused.

"But all the rules that he says-!" Sakura yelled but Y/n caught her off, "Was to mess with us. The overall test was simple but he worded it in a way to mess with our minds. Making us overthink and to have us purposely mess up."

"The boy is correct. The test was to see how deceptive you guys are in a tough situation with problems like this. The nine questions had a purpose, to test your ability to surreptitiously gather strategic intelligence under the most adverse circumstances." Ibiki explained

"Oh, well that clears up everything," Temari said cooling down. 

"Here let me explain." Y/n smiled as they turn so they can hear more.

"The whole reason for the test was to test us as individuals, but also as a team. It was to see how we function as a part of a team. It's the reason why the test was being scored on a team basis, so we can know that everything we did or failed to do, would also affect our teammates. He wanted us to see how we do under pressure like this." Y/n said.

"I figured it was something like that." Naruto nodded. "That's why I kept my cool."

"The first nine questions on the test were difficult," Ibiki continued. "As you may have realized, too difficult for Genin to be expected to solve. I imagine that most of you came to that conclusion, that you'd have to cheat if you had any chance to pass. The fact is, the test was designed to encourage cheating. It almost demanded it. Of course, it would've done you little good unless you had someone to cheat from, so I disguised two Chunin who already knew the answer and had them sit with you."

Two people raise their hands. One was sitting in front of Y/n and the other across the room.

"You had to be a complete fool not to see it. Isn't that right Hinata?" Naruto asked him.

'Wow...he was clueless the entire time...' Y/n sweatdropped.

"Those who were caught failed. Better not cheat than to cheat clumsy." Ibiki reached for his headband and untie it. "Information. It can be the most valuable weapon in battle. How well your father's intelligence can determine whether a mission is a failure or a success. There will be times you'll have to risk your life to get it."

After he untie it, everyone could see what was underneath. The top of his head was scarred, bruised, nearly damaged all over it.

Y/n look at him with sympathy as he couldn't imagine what he have been through to get that.