What ticks me off about him was his involvement in the final edits of hyung's manuscript. If he did help, then he must've had a copy of it, since hyung is the type to easily trust someone, Gray might have been involved in stealing.

It's a possibility, but the allegation was too weak...

At least for now.

Gwen, the third and youngest... 

Oh where do I even start?

She was seemingly... mysteriously... innocently involved. If I were to choose who's the most complicated puzzle to crack, it was her. She entered the camp when she was legal enough to join for the sole purpose of knowing the truth behind his father's death. But somehow, an incident happened. Rendering her incapable of continuing her service.

What adds to the mystery is that the incident might be intentional, but her will to live was too strong to die. When we first met, I saw shadows following her. Her life might be in danger, but I'm not sure if they want to capture her alive first because if they wanted her dead, they could've done that already.

My suspicions rose because of my coincidental meet ups with her. As well as her coincidental connections with people I'm acquainted with. Heck, she even met hyung without me knowing she's the main inspiration for Cassophea, one of the main protagonist of hyung's series novel.

I pinned her photo on my pinboard and looked at the whole connect-the-dots picture that I've made behind my white board. 

Four new entries: The Magtibay siblings, who appear to be connected to both the people I need to gather information from and those I need to avoid.

And another entry... an early retired infamous writer.

The young and ambitious bastard who's most likely to be the one who took all hyung's credits.... I finally have a person of interest.

I thought that he would be the easiest one to find, but the copycat was incognito even with the publishing company. I could dig for the contracts but suddenly, all of the old files suddenly went missing in 2012— which increases the difficulty.

I connected the yarn between Ryg and that man's picture and put a temporary note of a question mark. Since the Augustus fiasco happened in 2012 and Ryg was the one who took over all the business including the Red Pages, he might be the one at fault for the missing old contracts. His reason? Also unknown, but I just know that it's more than a 'new beginning, forget the mistakes of yesterday' case.

How did I find my POI? I simply cracked the meaning of his former pen name. I still lack foundation though, but he is my only strong candidate.

I fished for my phone from my pocket when I felt it vibrated. I didn't bother to check who it was, I have an idea on who it was anyway.

"Hello?" I greeted. 

It started with an introduction until the conversation turned into a full-blown explanation of how he got my number. I just hummed in agreement to show that I believe him.

"Dinner?" I muttered when he revealed his true intention.

"Yes, kung libre ka lang naman," Gray answered. "May ibibigay sana ako."

I smiled at the generosity.

"Sure, what time?"

NOW that was interesting.

I watched as Levy and Gwen looked at each other for a moment before the man departed. I followed him till where my eyes could accompany him, ignoring the woman's question as I contemplated what just happened.