"He ain't the blame for none of this shit speak on what you know." My dad said.

"Y'all not finna talk to my momma like that." Her cousin said.

"And what you gone do- That's enough." My mom cut Karmyn off.

"I know this is a hard time right now but this is not the time. That baby could possibly be left with no parents, God forbid, and you wanna play the blame game. I get you're hurt that Aubrie is gone but don't get yo feelings hurt taking your pain out on the wrong people." My mom spoke up.

"I think imma be sick." I mumbled before running to the bathroom to throw up. Afterwards I was just on the floor in the big stall crying. I could feel an anxiety attack coming.

Landon was the best at calming me down when this happens but he's not here and that's making me panic even more. I just felt my chest tightening.

"Kaelyn." I heard my mom come in and she tended to me.

"Count to ten, it's gone be okay." She said getting on the floor beside me and I did what she said. After I had finally calmed down she helped me up.

"Imma drive you to our house." She said softly and I nodded.

After getting cleaned up I was just laying down in the guest room.

"Here drink this tea." She said handing me a mug. I took a sip of the hot tea before sitting down on the nightstand.

She carefully dipped a small town in the warm water she had inside of a glass bowl. She squeezed the towel before folding it and placing it on my forehead.

"Has it been an update on Landon yet?" I asked.

"He's still in surgery." She said.

"Is he gone make it?" I asked.

"They haven't said anything." She said and I sighed.

"I just don't understand, why wait five months to do something like this. Everybody been laying low and not getting involved in stuff.

"Some people just pure evil." She mumbled.

"Momma They was doing so good. Aubrie never bothered anybody, she barely liked getting out." I said.

"What we supposed to tell him if he wakes up." I said and I felt sick to stomach just by saying "if". I don't know what I'd do if my brother didn't make it. He's always had my back and stood up for me even when we were kids.

"Your father is gone tell him." She said and my phone started ringing.

"Get you some rest after you get off the phone." She patted my arm before putting a pregnancy test on the nightstand.

"Momma?" I asked.

"Take it when you wake up." She said before leaving out.

"H-Hello." I answered to Makai.

"You good?" He asked.

"Um yeah just feel a lil drained." I said.

"I think you need to just call it a day and come back tomorrow." He said and I sighed. I wanted to be right beside my brother if he wakes up but I knew it was what's best.

"Sign these for me sir." I heard a doctor say.

"What happened." I raised up.

"Nothing I had an adrenaline rush and ain't realize a bullet grazed my side. I'm straight though lil mama." He said.

"This the worst day ever." I mumbled.

"Everything gone workout he gone pull through being his same goofy self." He said and that made me smile a little.