Dragon Tamer of my Heart

Start from the beginning

"Mum is quite the multitasker, you'll find. She can plan a wedding AND manage to pester us to death on settling down," Charlie said, rolling his eyes slightly. Ophelia laughed loudly.

"Fine, we wait a few more days to tell her ye are movin' back. But ye know the longer ye do, the more upset she's going to be when she does find out," she said rationally.

"I'll gladly take her wrath if it gives us a few more days of peace," Charlie said.

The front door slammed shut at that moment.

"Phillie!" Oliver shouted.

Ophelia rolled her eyes. He must have the day off from training - he would often pop by when he did, claiming he needed a break from his roommate, who played chaser for Puddlemere.

"So much for peace," she muttered, causing Charlie to snicker.

"Get yer arse out here!" Duncan added.

Ophelia froze as she looked over at Charlie. What the hell were both of her brothers doing here?

"We need to talk about Charlie!" Duncan added.

The couple gave each other confused looks as Charlie picked up the tray, allowing Ophelia to get out of bed.

She was thankful they were at least in their pajamas, though she still grabbed her robe and pulled it on before they walked down the corridor and into the living room.

"Just what about Charlie has the two of ye here so early?" Ophelia asked, raising an eyebrow at them. "Arenae ye supposed to be at work? And how did ye even ken I'd be here?"

Oliver's cheeks turned pink as he saw Charlie standing with her, though Duncan cleared his throat and looked away from the couple, clearing slightly uncomfortable with seeing the proof that Charlie had been staying over with Ophelia.

"Oh, ehm... Martins in magical creatures said ye took the day off," Duncan said.

"Larkins gave us two days off after we spent two weeks straight killin' ourselves over the proposal," Ophelia corrected him.

"How did that go?" Duncan asked, looking back up at her.

"No. First, why are ye here?" Ophelia repeated, undeterred.

Duncan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Honestly, after seein' Charlie this weekend and then hearin' ye took the day off, I worried that ye were in some sort of... downward spiral and wanted to help," he said. Ophelia's mouth fell open in shock. "Seemed so wretched I thought maybe I could convince ye to hear him out. Didnae want to bother ye on Sunday or yesterday because of the presentation. But... seems ye've worked things out..."

"Ye wanted to help me and Charlie?" Ophelia asked, not quite believing it.

Well, Oliver she could believe, but certainly not Duncan.

"Is it so hard to believe I might?" Duncan retorted, as though he were hurt. Ophelia snorted.

"Aye, it is," she said. Duncan sighed and shook his head.

"Look, I reckon someone that messed up over ye... and that desperate to make things right, well, reckon he deserves another chance," Duncan said.

"How did ye even know we had had an argument?" Ophelia asked, still confused over the whole situation.

She looked over at Charlie, wondering why he hadn't mentioned anything about talking to her brother.

"I went to Shell Cottage afterwards. Didn't tell anyone what had happened, but Bill owled Duncan and got him over to figure out what was wrong," Charlie said. "Actually, gave me some good advice..."