But even with memorization and reflexes, skills had a huge role in fighting.

"Unnie!"

Eunbi was knocked to the side, repeatedly punched and kicked until she fell to her knees.

Wonyoung grit her teeth, running over right as Nako turned to her, wrapping her long arms around the shorter girl.

"Nako-unnie..."

Her embrace on the Japanese tightened, "please... Snap out of it..."

"You shouldn't be hurting your own friends... Remember who you are."

She felt Nako flinch, and soon enough, her hands snaked around her waist to return the hug firmly.

~ ~ ~

"U-unnie stop p-please..."

Yuri let out another wince with another one of Yena's punches landing on her arms, feeling bruises form on her skin.

She was in pain...

But it couldn't have been as bad as the others...

'Chaewon-unnie...'

The last time she was able to steal a glance at her sister, she was on the floor with her eyes closed, and at that moment, dread began to fill her.

But deep inside, she was angry, not at Yena or Hyewon, but at that wretched man.

"YENA."

She pushed her girlfriend's punch aside, mentally grimacing as the girl's hand slammed into the floor near her ear with a sickening thud.

"YOU DUCK FUCK YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D PROTECT ME BUT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING NOW!?"

The hamster didn't care when the office window's rattled, the glass breaking the least of her concerns as she yelled at the duck.

Yena blinked as her fist was lifted up to hit Yuri again, blinking again and seeming to be confused...

But still empty.

"Don't listen to her, succumb to me."

"Oh shut up you old m-"

Yuri whimpered as Yena's hand connected with her left cheek, but unlike the other times she hit her... This time she slapped her instead.

Without thinking the hamster threw her hand up, her clenched fist landing on Yena's face.

The older girl gasped, rolling off Yuri as she clutched her cheek.

'Sorry Yena-unnie... But I had to.'

Yuri took that time to scramble up, her arms numbed and weakened from the constant beating.

The blonde girl staggered to her feet, hissing in pain as she rubbed her cheek with her clean hand, her burnt one trembling at her side.

She finally met gazes with her girlfriend, her eyes widening after seeing the state Yuri was in.

"J-Joyul?"

"STOP."

Yena winced, her hand going up to clutch her head as the man's voice boomed at her.

"Kill her, on second thought I don't need her ability."

"Y-Yuri..."

Yena's eyes sent pleading signals at Yuri, her bloody hand twitching as it slowly rose up, the third-year student seeming to try and fight for control over her body.

'Help me...'

Was what she saw in her brown orbs, and Yuri so badly wanted to go up and snap her right back to normal so she wouldn't have to deal with this pain...

"Obey my com-"

The vampire was cut off with a heavy punch to the head from Sakura, the man holding his nose as he staggered back a few steps.

"Don't pay attention to your surroundings and you'll be killed."

He sneered as Sakura mimicked what he told her earlier, losing control over Yena as he lunged for the Japanese girl, their fight beginning once more.

"Yuri, oh my God, Yuri-yah..."

Yena went up to her girlfriend, cupping her face with her uninjured hand and caressing the red hand-mark on Yuri's cheek, unable to bring herself to look down at her bruised arms.

Bruises caused by her.

"I'm so sorry..."

The hamster gave her a small smile, "it's fine unnie, it doesn't hurt that much anymore... Guess me cussing at you woke ya up."

Yena looked away with guilt, only to have her head tilted back to face Yuri from the younger girl's hand on her chin.

"It's not your fault... I know you'd never hurt me on purpose."