Volume 1 Chapter 3 - Magic Textbook

About 2 years has passed since I was reincarnated.

My legs and waist were starting to become strong enough for me to walk on my feet.

And I was beginning to learn this world's language.

Having decided to live on seriously, I started to consider what I could do.

What did I need in my life?

Studying, sports, and skill sets.

As a baby, there was little I could do. The most I could do was glare at most of the grown womans breasts and attempt to push away from the suffocation device.

And when I did that to the maid, she made an unhappy expression.

That maid definitely hated kids.

Realizing that I can do sports a little later in life, I started searching for books in the house to learn words

It's important to be literate.

There's a near 100% literacy rate amongst Japanese, but many had poor English skills, so they balked at the idea of going overseas, and even treated foreign languages as a mere skill set. Therefore, learning this world's words was my first assignment.

There were five books in this house.

Could it be that books in this world are expensive, or that Paul and Zenith don't read books?

It was probably both these reasons. It was unbelievable to me, who owned thousands of books.

Though they're all light novels.

There were only five books, but they were sufficient for me to learn to recognize words.

This world's language was similar to Japanese, so it was easy for me to pick up.

Even though the letters were completely different, learning how to speak went very smoothly.

I'll be fine as long as I memorize enough vocabulary. It's beneficial to first understand how to speak.

Father read me the contents of the books many times , so learning the vocabulary went smoothly.

Perhaps it had something to do with this body's ability to memorize well.

After being able to read the language, I found this book's content very interesting.

In my past life, I never thought of learning as interesting. Thinking back about it, it was exactly the same as memorizing information from the internet. How can it not be interesting?

Nevertheless, did my father really think an infant would be able to understand the contents of that book?

It was fine for me, but any normal one-year-old kid would have frowned and started bawling.

These were the five books at home.

<<Traveling Around the World>>

This is a guidebook that contains the name and unique characteristics of various countries in this world.

<<Fedoa's Monsters, Ecology and Weaknesses>>

A book that described the monsters that appeared in the Fedoa region, and ways to handle them.

<<Guide to Magic>>

A guidebook that explained how to use magic attacks, from the elementary rank to the advanced rank.

<<Perugius' Legend>>

A fairy tale about a summoner named Perugius, who traveled along with his companions, battling the demon gods, saving the world, punishing evil, and rewarding the good.