The men leave and he sits down where he always does.

"I hear you're terrorizing your staff," I nonchalantly say and he slightly tilts his head to the side.

"How? You've been locked in your room for days like a rebellious teenager," he taunts and I fist my hand underneath the table.

"Just planning on ways to kill you and get away with it," I say and our food is brought in.

We don't break eye contact as the helpers set down the food. As soon as they leave, he says, "I suggest not doing it in the comfort of my own home. Too many witnesses."

"At this rate they'll be assisting me," I force a smile. "It's not like you're earning any brownie points with them."

"You want to use my own men against me?"

"They wouldn't need much convincing," I shrug my shoulders. "So yes. I will use your own men against you."

"Good luck, tesoro," he winks at me and lifts his glass of wine.

He hides his smile behind his glass as he takes a sip.

We have dinner in silence and it's as if I forgot how handsome he was.

Everything he did was attractive to me. I could barely keep my eyes off him but I had to.

Mentally, I smiled, remembering how not so long ago he gave me an engagement ring at this table that blew my mind. And when I had asked for a simpler one - a ring pop - he didn't question me and bought me one.

He's always been that way.

Doing things for me without questioning me. If it made me happy, he'd do it.

I didn't realize how lucky I was until now.

He could have locked me in a different room now that I knew the truth. He could have treated me differently - poorly.

But he didn't.

He stayed consistent with me. Something I've never had.

It's seems as though with him I have everything.

After dinner and the table being cleared, I got up but stopped, taking a deep breath in. I stood over the table and he looked up at me.

"Communication is key," I say to myself, looking forward and I see him slightly raise his eyebrow.

I hopped up on the table and sat down on top of it, facing him with my legs dangling in front of him. His knees touching my legs.

I picked up my wine glass, taking a deep breath in.

"What you're doing, is fucked up. Period. There's no other way to put it," I look down at him before sipping my wine. "But you did it for me so thank you."

My pride was a hard pill to swallow.

"I still think you're a demonic little- well..." I slowly trail off in thought at the word little. "No," I shake my head, clearing my head of the dirty thoughts. "I still think you're a demonic little asshole. But I can learn to accept it."

"And why's that?" he asks and I feel my throat close up.

"Because..." I slowly trail off. "I have a little crush on you," I seriously say and his lips curve into a grin. He rubs his tongue on the inside of his cheek and nods.

"You, have a little crush on me?" he taunts and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Yes, now stop looking at me like that so that I can speak."

He licks his lips and nods.

I clear my throat, trying to be serious. "We can learn to be civilized and live in peace without you trying to kill your staff. So we can be friends," I say and he looks like he can't understand what I'm say.

"Friends who fuck?" he asks and I drop my arms.

"No!" I whisper-yell. "Not 'friends who fuck'!"

He clears his throat and nods once again. "Sorry," he humorously says and I narrow my eyes, shaking my head at him.

"As I was saying... I'd also like you to stop taking your anger out on them. Take it out on me instead."

"Gladly," he gives me a single nod and my stomach drops.

Mentally I had smacked myself a few times for wording it wrong.

A loud groan is heard, following with footsteps rushing down the stairs.

"Nirah," Logan growls but stops as he sees Antonio. "Your dog, bit me," he forces through his teeth and soon Kingsley comes running in.

I hop off the table, bending down as I pick him up.

"Serves you right," I pet Kingsley. "What were you doing in my room without my permission?" I ask and Antonio stands up.

"What?" Logan breathlessly asks, holding onto his red hand.

"Kingsley was in my room. My bedroom door was closed. So why did you go inside without my permission."

"I didn't, your- your door was open," he says and I shake my head.

"I never leave my door open, Logan."

"What were you doing in Nirah's room?" Antonio asks and the two of us stand, side by side, waiting for him to answer.

"I just- I needed to ask her something," he stutters.

Kingsley growls at him and I try calming him down by gently rubbing behind his ear.

"Well, what is it?" I ask, knowing that his reason is complete bullshit. When he doesn't answer, Antonio grows agitated.

"Answer her," he demands.

Logan opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

I narrow my eyes and my jaw drops as I gasp. Lifting Kingsley, I shove him towards Antonio and he holds Kingsley.

"Is that my lace bralette?" I ask, charging towards him. He backs up but I grab it just in time.

"No, no- I-" he stutters but I slap him across the face.

"You're fucking sick," I angrily say and he shakes his head.

"It's not what you think-" he cuts himself off as I turn to walk back to Antonio.

I take Kingsley back, spinning to face Logan.

"You went into her room without permission, then you took something that belonged to her?" Antonio asks, the anger radiating off of him.

Antonio grabs his collar, slamming him up against the wall.

I walk over to them and Kingsley starts barking at Logan.

"Antonio," I say and his jaw ticks as he holds Logan in place. "Kick his ass," I softly say and Antonio grins. I take Antonio's chin in my hand, turning his head to face me.

He is your fiancé Nirah.

He cares for you.

He makes you happy.

And he protects you.

You owe it to him to accept who he really is.

"Or you could just let Diavolo handle it," I run my thumb across his bottom lip and I see mischief flash into his eyes.

"Yes ma'am," he nods with the grin that use to scare me, but now it brings me some sort of satisfaction.
___

HI EVERYONE<33
we been knew logan was sus, tbh. no secret there.
miss girl has realized that antonio/diavolo isn't the enemy here!!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!