Those In Glass Houses [An Austin Carlile Love Story]

Words couldn’t describe the feeling I had in my stomach when I first saw Austin Robert Carlile, lead singer for my favorite band Of Mice and Men come off their tour bus. My heart nearly leapt out of my chest. Yes, I had had a fangirl crush on him for as long as I could remember, but when I saw him it was like I was seeing a close friend for the first time in a long time. I approached him, because he was taking photos and signing autographs with a few people who had been waiting in front of the bus. I joined the crowd and looked at him in amazement. When he glanced my way, he smiled, and our eyes locked. We held eye contact for longer than a second, which felt like an eternity. He signed everyone’s things, and took more pictures before they began to fizzle out. I was still there and he seemed happy by that.

“Hey there” He said as he looked down at me, he stood nearly a foot taller than I did. He smiled and I smiled back at him.

“Hi.” I said shyly and he grinned differently than his smiled. “Can I take a picture with you?” He nodded and I handed him the camera. He took the picture from above because he was much taller than me. I looked at it and it came out really good. I smiled to myself because I was happy that I finally got a picture with THE Austin Carlile.

“Are you excited for the show?” He asked, trying to start a conversation. I nodded, almost too shy to speak.

“Hell yeah I am!” He chuckled at my response. He looked in my eyes and I looked back into his. I smiled shyly and he smiled the same way.

“Hey, I know this is going to sound so weird, and know I normally don’t do this but… Can I get your number?” My heart nearly stopped. My grin widened and I nodded. He took out his phone and put my number into it. He sent me a text message so that I had his number. I smiled like an idiot and it made him laugh, but I didn’t even care. “Do you want to hang out for a while? I have about a half hour.” I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Of course.” I exclaimed, almost in a ‘Duh’ tone. We both smiled at each other, and I saw a sort of twinkle in his eye.