3. kyon

3. kyon

Akshara and Aarohi Goenka, the daughters, rather the princesses of Karthik and Naira Goenka, and the literal jaan of the entire household.

Akshara Goenka was a singer, there was no doubt on that, ever since Akshu hummed and sang the lullaby her mother would sing for her at the tender age of two, they knew this girl was gifted. And their parents did everything to support her love for music, singing and music classes, helping her participate in various activities and more than that, being lenient towards her because of her fragile anxieties.

Yep, Akshu had anxieties, separation anxiety since Aarohi was born, stage fear because of watching her class laugh at a classmate, anxieties of being a failure and anxieties of being too poor in her performance. She often felt sidelined after the birth of her sister, and the tag of a middle child wasn't popular either.

Karthik and Naira loved Akshara, and knew that their daughter was more than just her music and her anxieties, she was a pure soul, a happy soul and more than that, a good sister. Not yet though, they knew Akshara had her anger issues, her mood swings and her tantrums but they also knew how soft she was from within.

But not towards Aarohi. Akshara's disdain towards her sister was equally matched by the little Goenka.

Aarohi Goenka was the youngest of the lot, but the smartest. She was brillant in her studies, and that was all she did. No matter how much her parents' wanted her to learn and lean on her hobbies, Aarohi wouldn't spare her attention to anything but studying. All she did was engage herself in books, be it her school, or studying books of a higher standard, reading blogs and educational articles or enjoying the library novels.

For her mother, Aarohi would spare some time to dance, and like Naira, Aarohi loved dancing but was too stubborn to admit it. There was something in dancing that helped Aarohi to relax for once.

Where Akshara was the loud, more expressive and the vibrant one, Aarohi was the salient, quiet and sturdy one. She spoke only when required, making it difficult for anyone to read her face while Akshara spoke a lot, hiding all her anxieties behind her smile, making it difficult to understand what the girl felt.

Karthik and Naira knew their kids, all three of them, and although their focus was on their daughters relationship, they really wanted Kairav, their eldest to step up. Kairav was always done with his sisters, he didn't like their bickering, sometimes he didn't like being around them either and being girls didn't help their case either. Kairav was always minding his business, keeping to himself yet many a times he found himself sandwiched between his sisters.

And hence, all he did was keep away from the two girls.

When would their children be together just like they envisioned it? Karthik and Naira couldn't believe that the trio never really spent time together and clearly hated each other's company.

"Will you just let me eat?" Akshara yelled at her sister, who was trying to take the honey syrup from the table to pour on her pancakes. However she did it with her left hand and in doing so Akshara's right hand which was tied to Aarohi's left hand was pulled sharply.

"I want the syrup." Aarohi demanded, still using the left hand to get the bottle and Akshara pulled her hand back.

"Use your other hand, idiot."

"You're an idiot."

"Oh right, woh toh dikh hi Raha hai!"

"Accha, ek idiot hi cheesecake khaata hai subah subah."

"Nothing about my cheesecake," Akshara warned Aarohi, using her other free hand. "Cheesecakes are love."

"They're overrated and argh."

"Oh so like you?"

Aarohi grit her teeth, "you're such a..."

"Amazing girl with witty comebacks, right?" Akshara raised her eyebrows, eating the bite of her cheesecake and enjoying how furious Aarohi was getting by the second. "Aaru meri jaan, you're always going to be younger to me, ye yaad rakhna."

Aarohi sighed, sitting back in anger and refusing to eat her breakfast while Akshara shrugged, focusing on hers. Watching Aarohi not eat melted Karthik faster than ice on a sunny day and he walked towards the girls, "heya babies!"

"Don't heya us," Aarohi replied, frowning, "I cannot believe you're with mumma on this ridiculous plan."

"I hate to admit it," Akshara plopped another bite of the cake in her mouth, "but Aarohi is right. Papa you're supposed to be in our team. Aren't we your girls?"

Karthik looked over to see whether his wife was around, and on noticing her busy on a call, he sat in front of the two girls. Leaning in, he whispered to them, "listen dolls, you know I love you two a lot." His whispering soft voice made both sisters to lean in, "so, just for you two, I'm willing to work an easy way out."

That made the girls' to look at each other with a sly grin and lean in further, "but mumma ne chaabi toh phek di?" Aarohi asked cutely, "khole kaise?"

"Mere paas extra hai," Karthik winked, exciting the girls. "But, I cannot use it."

"Par Kyon?" Akshara replied, shaking her head, "use it and free me from this hell."

"Us!"

Karthik ignored their bickering, "par kyon?" He hummed, eyeing the girls, "why don't you two answer this question for me and tell me why you two are tied up this way and I will open up the lock instantly, even if it means breaking your hands!"

"Hey!" The girls replied together and chuckled when Karthik laughed. He blew them both a kiss and left as the sisters sat back, hands still tied and a now a question in the back of their mind.

Par Kyon?

Why did their parents tie them up like this? And what answer would free them both?

_

A/N

Like always, do not forget to vote and comment.

Nothing makes a writer happy than the people who leave in a feedback. Thank you

Also, note that Akshu and Aaru changed after the death of their parents, so this is how they were before the tragedy. And trauma changed and shaped them into what they're now.