| xii ; goodbye rika

Start from the beginning

"What?!"

"You mean death?!" Maki shouted. "What are you thinking?!"

Just then, Rika's cursed form suddenly disintegrated, revealing Rika's true form from when she had passed.

"Rika?" Yuta called, looking at the (physically) younger girl.

"Congrats," Gojo said as he clapped his hands, entering from the side. "The curse is broken."

"Who are you?" Everyone asked.

"Everyone's favourite good-looking Gojo-sensei!" Gojo exclaimed. "I thought Yuta's theory was interesting so I looked into his lineage. Rika's was done quite a long time ago. But Yuta's was quite a search. And we found out... Apparently, you're a descendant of Michizane Sugawara. It may be super distant but we're relatives!!"

"Who?" Yuta asked.

"One of Japan's Big Three Vengeful Spirits."

"A big shot jujutsu sorcerer."

"Tuna."

"Yuta, you're right," Gojo said. "Rika isn't cursing you. You cursed Rika."

The realisation that he was actually right hit him like a truck. The tears had started without him knowing as he cried out, "It was all my fault. Turning Rika into a curse. Hurting so many people. Because Geto was after me... everyone nearly died. It's all my fault...! All of my...!"

"Yuta," Rika whispered as she hugged him. "Thank you. For giving me time. For letting me be by your side. I've been happier these past six years than I was alive."

Yuta looked up as Rika wiped away his tears, "Does she make you happy, Yuta?"

Yuta followed Rika's direction of sight and realised she was looking at Y/N, who was looking at them in silence.

Memories flashed in his head. All of the time he spent with her. All of the times he spent thinking about her in the night. All of the times he felt his heart beating faster and butterflies in his stomach.

"Yes," Yuta said. "She does make me happy."

"Then I'm happy too," Rika smiled at him. "Take care of yourself. Don't come over too soon, okay?"

"Okay..." Yuta muttered.

"See you," Rika said before disappearing in flickers of light.

"Goodbye... Rika."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"You're not to blame for Geto. He would've attacked regardless," Gojo said. "Oh, right!"

Gojo fished out Yuta's identification card before passing it to him. Yuta let out a smile as he looked at it, "My I.D! You picked it up!"

"No, not me," Gojo said. "My best friend did. My one and only."

"Hey, Yuta! Hurry up!" Maki shouted from the stairs. Only Panda and Inumaki were present, disheartening Yuta a little.

"Where's Y/N?" Yuta asked.

"She's back in the dormitories. She felt a little sick. Probably a small fever. Shoko's taking care of her," Gojo answered.

"Oh, okay," Yuta said and pursed his lips.

"Go ahead and enjoy your day. I'll be at the school to annoy Nanamin~!" Gojo smiled before he skipped away to Nanami's location.

"Let's go," Maki said to him.