eight | what the little bird told him

Start from the beginning

After he pressed the needle of the syringe even further into her neck and watched as she squeezed her eyes shut from the painful sensation of the vervain starting to course through her veins, he sighed before he said to her, "I'm sorry, Annabelle, but you were close to finding out and I just couldn't let that happen."

She opened her eyes and asked through gritted teeth, "Getting too close? Too close to what? I don't understand."

Butch didn't respond and simply stepped out of the way, which allowed her to see Liza, who was silently standing behind him with no signs of an injury on her.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she asked, "Liza? You're not hurt?"

Liza didn't bother to respond to her and only closed her eyes when she saw another one of Fish's men sneak up on Annabelle before he snapped her neck from behind her.

Annabelle didn't say anything as she fell onto the floor.

As he stared down at Annabelle, Butch sighed before he said to her, "I wish this wasn't necessary, Annabelle, but Fish said it needed to happen. She knew Falcone would turn to you to help him with finding Liza, so she needed you to be temporarily taken out of the equation until her business with Falcone was finished."

After staring at her for another moment, he nodded head and just like that, Fish's men grabbed Annabelle by her arms and dragged her off into a room they had set up for her after Fish had taken Liza and called Carmine Falcone to tell him she had Liza through the means of a voice disguiser.

In this room, they would have her tied and chained down to a metal chair with vervain surrounding her inside of the room and vervain doused on the ropes and chains.

And every other hour until Fish would get what she wanted, they would inject more vervain into Annabelle.

It was extra precautions to ensure that Annabelle didn't find some way to break free and murder all of them before Fish had finished carrying out her plan.

Because if they knew Annabelle as well as they thought they did, they knew that she would murder all of them in the most gruesome ways possible if she ever got out of her current imprisonment.

* * *

After waking up for what felt like the millionth time at this point, Annabelle lightly groaned when she heard the door to her practical cell be opened.

She might have been going in and out of consciousness from the amount of vervain that was being injected into her, but she was aware of the situation enough to know when it was Fish, Butch or one of Fish's men that had entered the room she was stuck inside of.

When Fish entered the room, she would be saying how there should be no hard feelings between the two of them because of what she'd ordered her men to do to Annabelle.

When Butch would enter it, he would apologize profusely and say that if he had a choice in the matter, he would have left her out of it.

As for Fish's men, however, they would either talk with each other about Fish's plan or be silent the whole time they were on her way to her practical cell and also when they were inside of said cell.

Annabelle, though, would remain silent and say nothing to them, despite the groans that would come from her every single time she heard the door open and she listened to their footsteps walk around her in a circle for a couple of minutes before they would inject more vervain into her bloodstream.

When she heard footsteps echoing in the room and the same footsteps circling her, she couldn't help but let out another groan and lower her head, while she stared down at the pair of black shoes the person was wearing.