eight | what the little bird told him

Start from the beginning

She glanced over at the bar before she looked over at the booths.

She sighed once more before she jumped over the counter and grabbed herself a couple of bottles.

Then she jumped back to the other side of the counter and started to walk towards one of the booths, only to stop when Butch stepped in front of her and said to her, "Hey, Annabelle, I haven't seen you in a while."

Annabelle merely raised an eyebrow at him and eyed him before she said to him, "Butch."

When she started to step to the side in an attempt to walk around him, he stepped back in front of her and asked, "What are you doing here?"

Annabelle raised her hands to show the two bottles she was holding, while she told him, "I'm here to get something to drink here and stay here until my mind is not so overwhelmed and get back to what I was doing prior to coming here."

He asked her, "And what would that be?"

She sighed as she put the two bottles on the counter of the bar and patted the side of his face before she told him, "Butch, I might have grown fond of you and your loyalty to the cause and what Don Falcone is trying to do, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to share with you every single thing that I happen to deal with."

He only forced a chuckle in response before he looked past her to see one of Fish's other men quietly walking towards her with a big syringe in hand that had a big dosage of vervain inside of it in liquid form.

He knew he had to say something more to Annabelle, or she would question his sudden silence and turn around to see the man that was silently walking towards her.

In order to prevent that from happening, he asked her, "So, how have you been, Annabelle?"

Annabelle only sighed before she told the man that was now standing behind her, "Unless you'd rather I rip both of your arms off your body, I suggest you drop that weapon of yours and go on your merry way."

When didn't hear any retreating footsteps, she quickly turned around and smacked the syringe out of his left hand, which caused it to fly towards one of the walls and shatter upon impact.

The man's eyes widened as he quickly raised his hands and he nervously laughed to himself before he started to say to her, "Annabelle—"

Annabelle feigned a pout, while she took a step closer to him and dragged the back of her finger across his face and watched as he started to tremble from seeing just how calm she appeared to be at that exact moment.

When he opened his mouth to say something else to her, she pressed another finger against his lips and shushed him before she said to him, "You had your chance to leave and you blew it." When he started to lose the color in his face, she said, "If it's anyone's fault for this occurring, it's you for thinking that you'd actually succeed in harming me with that cursed herb."

He repeatedly opened and closed his mouth, while he tried to think of something else to say to her.

She chuckled as she reveled in the fact of just how much his fear was consuming him.

Without saying another word to him, she grabbed his forearms and ripped his arms out of their socks before she watched as the blood started to pour out of the wounds.

She tilted her head and eyed the blood and the man himself, who was now unconscious from the mere shock he was dealing with because of her actually ripping his arms off of his body.

Just as she was about to turn to look back at Butch, she suddenly grew tense and her eyes had widened when she felt a stab in the side of her neck.

She quickly turned around and grabbed the neck of the person who stabbed her, only for her eyebrows to furrow when she saw Butch staring down at her with a deep frown on his face before she said to him, 'What? I don't understand."