"Chaeyeon!"

The said girl winced in pain as Sakura shoved and pinned her towards the wall, grimacing as the vampire's hands tightly gripped her neck.

"K-Kkura...chan..."

"Chaeyeon-unnie!"

Yujin ran towards the duo, only to slam into an invisible wall as the headmaster laughed.

"They both can not hear you, and you will not be able to break through this forcefield with brute force."

The girls felt helpless as all they could do was watch as their friend slowly lost air because their other friend, all of them praying that something would stop them.

Chaeyeon began to tear up from the pain, subtly feeling Sakura's sharpened nails almost puncturing her skin, "S-Sakura... p-please... You have... to snap out of i-it..."

She received an animalistic growl for an answer, but she didn't give up on trying. Not only was her life on the line, but she couldn't leave her friend in this state.

With much effort, the Korean girl lifted her hand, weakly caressing one of Sakura's cheeks.

"I-I know y-you're still... in t-there... That f-funny... c-caring... g-girl I fell in l-love with..."

Her words seemed to have an effect since Sakura's menacing expression softened, her hands loosening their hold on Chaeyeon's neck as her eyes slowly changed to gold.

"C-Chaeyeon?"

The said girl weakly chuckled, breathing heavily, "there... you are..."

Sakura quickly let her go, taking a step back, "I-I didn't mean to hurt you I-"

Chaeyeon smiled, holding her slightly bruised neck, "don't apologies... I know you wouldn't hurt me if you had a choice..."

Her eyes suddenly widened and she sent a cluster of her feathers past Sakura, knocking away a wooden stake that was aimed for the Japanese girl's heart.

Sakura whipped around, the headmaster glaring at both of them as the others stared in shock, processing what they almost witnessed.

"How did you come back to consciousness? You weren't supposed to!"

The girl stalked up to him, countering his question, "what do you want from us? From me?"

"I already told you, I want you to kill them all! Absorb their powers!"

"Never! I'd never hurt my friends!"

The headmaster sneered, "would you rather get hurt yourself?"

As he snapped his fingers, a ring of fire surrounded Sakura, making the girl jump in surprise and filled with fear. He smirked as the fire moved, cornering her into a wall.

"Remember when you accidentally got burned by the hot water? Let's see if you like how it feels to shower in fire."

Half of the ring of fire climbed up the wall to block Sakura from jumping past, making her cower down to avoid being burned.

"N-no, no no no please."

The headmaster sighed, "I guess I have to find another assistant... One who's more willing... You had so much potential too..."

During this time one of the bystanding girls had a thought pop up in her head as she analyzed the headmaster and her friend, clicking everything she had seen and heard throughout this year together.

'They're vampires.'

Her eyes widened in realization, 'light is technically a source of heat... Fire... Vampires are scared of fire.'

The headmaster paused, flickering his golden eyes to one of the girls as multiple spheres of light circled around his neck like a beaded necklace.

"Let her go."

He laughed at Minju, "do you think some spheres of light will kill me?"

She smirked as she started to spin the spheres around, "they're still hot, I'm sure it'll do some damage to you."

Hyewon caught onto what the younger girl was doing, trying to lend a hand by constantly flicking her fingers into the man's direction, the gusts of wind making the spheres of light spin faster around him.

The headmaster tensed as he felt the heat begin to crawl on his neck, "stop this instance, or I will single-handedly kill you all, rip you apart limb by limb."

Chaeyeon glanced down at the floor, a lightbulb lighting up in her head as she muttered softly to Hyewon.

"Do you think you can blind him?"

She gestured with her eyes to the ground, "the floor's dirt, I just need a little bit more of a distraction."

The blonde girl nodded, letting her hands drop, making the man laugh at her.

"Did the hyper kid run out of energy that quickly? I suppose you have been unconscious for a while..."

Hyewon snickered at that, "oh I'm not out yet."

"What the-"

The headmaster startled as Hyewon sprinted to the other side of the room, kicking dust into the air from her speed. She ran back to where the man was, using a hand-flick to throw the dust into his eyes.

"Argh!"

He hissed in pain, covering his eyes but letting the ring of fire shrink on Sakura, making the girl whimper in fear as she curled into a ball.

The winged girl grabbed the stake from the floor near her, aiming the piece of wood steadily before throwing it, using a stack of her feathers to give it more acceleration.

Hyewon watched as the stake flew past her, flicking her fingers one last time to send a gust of wind that made the sharpened wood fly at an impossible speed.

Then they heard a choked gasp of pain as the wood pierced through the headmaster's heart.

The licking flames slowly disappeared from around Sakura, the red head quickly running over and hugging the still-terrified girl.

Sakura panted heavily, her body trembling with fright as her skin glistened with sweat, the girl squeezing her eyes shut to calm her breathing as she leaned on Chaeyeon's shoulder.

"You're okay, I got you."

"N-no... N-not like... this..."

"That's what you get for trying to mess with us Mr. Vampire."

The girls watched as he shakingly reached out with one of his arms, only to fall to the floor with a thud, his ashes mixing in with the settling dirt.

The atmosphere changed to a comfortable silence, some giving each other hugs...

All leaving the red-headed Korean and the purple-haired Japanese be...