I face more dragons as I ready my rapier. "Deadly Sins!" I thrust and sweep my sword at a couple of dragons and shoot for the next lot, silver energy crackling around my rapier. "Starburst!" I thrust my sword at another dragon and they go down. I continue fighting my way through the little ones as I run through a city street.

I come to a stop as I hear voices nearby. I go to Rogue who is kneeling before a massive water dragon.

"Rogue-kun!" I call, causing him to jerk his head up at me, eyes glinting with surprise.

"Viv-chan? You're here?" He asks as I stop by him.

I nod my head, giving him an assuring smile.

"Rogue. You're much too weak to defeat a dragon. Why exhaust yourself any further?" The water dragon states.

I glare at him warningly. Don't you dare...!

"How do you know my name?!" Rogue demands in surprise.

The dragon replies, "I was specifically instructed to spare you and Vivian."

Oh, no...!

"It's true, you know," A familiar voice says.

I whip around, seeing the shadow following Rogue. I thrust my hand down and shoot a beam of beam of pink energy at Future Rogue, but the shadow just swirls around it.

Rogue asks, "What are you?"

A shadow is literally smirking at us as Future Rogue replies, "I am you. At least, I am another version of your future. I am the darkness that always follows you, born of the darkness inside your heart."

"Shut up! You are not Rogue! All you want is pain and destruction. I know for a fact that Rogue will never become you! You're nothing but a monster!"

"That really pains me, Viv-chan," Future Rogue says in feigned hurt.

"You kill innocents! I've already beaten you once! I'll do it again!"

"It's true I killed Future Lucy Heartfilia," Rogue responds smoothly, causing my hazel eyes to widen in horror, "but she willingly jumped in front of her past self to save her, so it's her own fault that she died."

I glare daggers at him as I fall silent, feeling hot tears of anger threatening to break free. Future Lucy was here... and now she's dead?

"You should stop fighting if you know what's good for you, for you two would be the only ones that will survive this onslaught, and, in due time, become the king and queen of the world," The water dragon tells us.

"What are you talking about?! I have no desire to rule the world! Who told you to spare us?!" Rogue demands.

"Who?" The dragon chuckles. "Why, you did, Rogue. Vivian should know about this, as well."

I feel a new wave of guilt wash over me as Rogue stares at me with wide eyes.

"You were the one who summoned us. And we will destroy the world at your request so you and Vivian can rule over the wreckage. In 7 years, you'll hatch this plan and travel back to this time."

Rogue laughs, "Hmph. I don't believe all of this nonsense."

The dragon glances at me as it says, "Just ask Vivian. She knows everything."

Rogue looks at me with pleading eyes as he begs, "It's not true, is it, Viv-chan? Please, tell me they're lying."

Tears continue to form in my eyes as I shake my head. "I don't want to believe it just as much as you do, but it is true. I first encountered your future self when I was about to be fried by a bunch of baby dragons. He saved me before they could, but as we were talking, there was darkness in his eye. He no longer craved friendship, and was stained by darkness."