I'm A WHAT?!

Jess' POV

Ugh... my head... I groaned at the splitting pain in my head and tried to roll over. Key word: tried. Something, however, was keeping me locked in place. What in the-

"Doll... Jess... Are you awake love?" Stevie? My eyelids fluttered open to a dim light and two pairs of baby blue looking down at me. I was wrapped around Steve like a koala in a tree. Well damn... I slowly lifted my aching head and looked around to see all of my guys in the common room with us. Buck sat next to Steve on one side, Sam on the other. My Asgardians sat together on another sofa with Bruce. Clint was standing off to the side of the room and Tony was pacing. That's not good. "Jess?"

"Hmm...?"

"What is the last thing you remember?" 

"Well, I remember going for a walk with Steve and then coming back to run some tests- Oh my god! I passed out, didn't I?" Looking around the room, I see everyone nod their heads slowly, eyes wide at my sudden outburst. "I'm sorry I scared you all..."

"Well my dear, that's not really what scared us." Loki looked down quickly as everyone else glared at him.

"What happened then? What did the tests say? Am I dying or something." Now everyone was avoiding my gaze. That is, until Tony finally stopped pacing and huffed.

"Well baby, you aren't exactly normal..." I snorted.

"Well duh. I already knew I wasn't normal. I have eight soulmates after all."

"That is not what the Man of Iron meant, Lady Jess." Uh oh... proper title. That's not good.

"Ok, then what's wrong with me." Bruce took a deep breath before letting it out finally.

"You are a mutant."

*****

"I'm a WHAT?! What the HEL are you talking about?! MUTANT?!" All of the men shrank back at my yelling as I jumped off of Steve. Now I was the one pacing. "How? How can I be a mutant? I have never had anything weird happen to me... except the dreams."

"What dreams, Jess?" So, I told them of my dreams running through the forest on four paws, silver fur covering my body. Loki spoke up after my confession.

"Love, concentrate on your four legged form. Close your eyes. Think of the feel of her paws, ears twitching, tail swaying. Picture that silver fur and green eyes. Concentrate."

I did as he told me to. I closed my eyes and thought of her sleek form. Soon, I could smell my mates growing nervous and agitated. Wait- Smell...? I opened my eyes to find my line of sight much lower than before. As I went to speak, no words came out. Only a wolfish snickering... How am I a fucking wolf now???!!! Whining, I rapidly examined the rest of my fur covered body. My tail was tucked tightly between my legs in fear, ears pinned back and eyes wide in fear. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! 

"Jess! Jess calm down love! It's ok, just breathe. You seem to have a shifting ability." Loki was kneeling in front of me, hands out to show he was a friend. I quickly rushed forward and buried my muzzle into his neck. "That's it love. Just breathe." My breathing slowed, as did my heart rate. I listened to his heart rhythm, and found myself back to normal. 

"What... the fuck... just happened to me?" I stared up, wide eyed, at all of my mates. They all looked totally calm. What in the hell...

"You, my dear, just shapeshifted into a wolf." Gee, thanks Sam. I huffed and stared at my hands. The same hand that were previously massive silver paws, black pads underneath the silky hair. It really was beautiful, I guess. Concentrating, I thought again of my furry friend. Her strong muscles, quivering with the want to run. Her shiny white teeth gleaming in the moonlight as she howled, a deep throaty tone. Hearing the gasps around the room, I opened my emerald eyes to see my paws back below me. 

I shook my fur out and stretched all of my muscles out, not used to the new form yet. Licking my muzzle, I sniffed the air deeply. Man, I thought my mates smelled good before... now they are just intoxicating. I vaguely listened to the guys murmuring around me as I trotted to a wall mirror to look at my whole self. Woah... I was huge! My wolf form stood nearly five feet at the shoulder, silver and white covering my hulking form. My ears were jet black, twitching with every sound. I turned to look back at my guys to see Loki was seemingly gone, replaced by his jet black wolf. (yes she has seen it before)

He slowly approached me, slightly taller than myself. I trotted to meet him halfway, tail wagging and tongue lolled out to the side. The guys all laughed at my goofy appearance and Loki snorted in front of me. He stopped and sat directly in front of me. At the same time, I felt a slight pressure in my head. Thinking nothing of it, I let it pass through my mind.

"Darling. Can you hear me, love?" Loki was speaking in my head! I jumped slightly before giving him a toothy grin.

"Yes, Lokes. I can hear you. This is so cool!!" He snickered and licked my nose before shifting back to his Asgardian form. I sputtered and concentrated to shift back. What a day...

A/N: Hey guys! So college is officially out for the summer, but I am taking one summer class and working quite a bit. So, we shall see how many times I can upload I guess.

Sorry the chapter is short... I just wanted to give y'all something at least. I don't know that I really like this chapter, but what do you guys think? Let me know!

Thank you all for the support you have shown me all this time!

Love y'all

~Sam