Take Flight

I woke to a soft breeze tickling my neck. The air was warm, making me very, very confused. What the... I felt a weight resting across my waist and felt my head move up and down with each blow of the warm breeze. Oh yeah. Bruce. 

I carefully twisted myself around to look at his sleeping face. His chest rose and fell with each steady breath: in and out. In and out. His curly hair was tussled even more than normal, giving him an adorable sleepy puppy look. His dark lashes softly caressed his cheek. His mouth was slightly open, lips parted as he softly, quietly snored. Although, it sounded like more of a purr to me!. 

Lightly, I ran my thumb over his cheek, nose, and finally lips. His eyelids fluttered slightly before his beautiful brown eyes met my green ones. He smiled softly, shutting his eyes once more. Suddenly, he pulled me up close, leaving no space between our bodies.

"Good morning to you too." I whispered as he huffed in agreement and pulled me impossibly closer. I softly ran my hands through his curly locks, feeling him purring against my chest. I giggled at him and begin to untangle myself from him to go shower. He reluctantly let go when I said I needed to shower. So, I left him sprawled out in my bed as I skipped into the bathroom and shut the door. 

*****

After taking a nice warm shower, I wrapped myself in another plush towel and brushed out my soaked hair. I brushed my teeth, having a bit of a sinking feeling in my stomach. Uh oh. Gonna be one of those days, isn't it? I secured my towel and cracked open the door to my room, looking to see if Bruce had left or not. He had.

I walked out of the bathroom to see that my bed was now made and all dirty clothes I had thrown around were neatly stored in my laundry bin. What... a.... sweetheart! I smiled, despite the feeling in my gut and head and got dressed for the day. I was in a pair of dark faded blue jeans, a black sports bra, and Bruce's huge green hoodie. It still smelled of his cologne, so, to calm the growing feeling in my body, I stayed standing for a moment just taking in the scent. I pulled on some fuzzy socks, threw my hair up in a messy braid and strolled out of my room to the elevator. Time to draw... again.

*****

I exited the elevator and felt the feeling grow immensely at the sight of people. Damn... it's gonna be a long day. Maybe I should skip the dating today... I was snapped out of my stupor by someone snapping their fingers in front of my face. I jumped backwards and gasped. In front of me stood Tony, automatically looking very worried.

"Hey hey... it's ok, Jess. I'm sorry I startled you so much kid..." He put his hands up to show he was unarmed. My heart was still racing but I nodded and walked past him towards my hat. I could do this, no.... I will do this. I marched right up to the hat and grabbed a slip of paper.

Sam ;) 

I handed the paper to Sam and walked right back towards the elevator, several confused gazes watching me walk away. 

"Hey Jess! Arent you gonna eat breakfast?" Clint yelled from the kitchen area, looking at me worriedly. I turned away from the open elevator doors and shook my head before heading back up to my room to hide. What have I done...?

*****

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid girl!" I continued to bang my head against the desk in the far corner of my room. "Why would I draw another name?! I am in no condition to go on a date right now! I'll, I'll have a mental breakdown! They will see just how much of a freak I truly am..." I slammed my head down one last time and groaned. I shut my eyes, trying to keep the endless flow of tears at bay, when I heard the elevator ding. Shiiiiit....

A knock sounded at my door soon after and I scrambled over to it. I quickly threw open the door, ignoring the small pain in my head, and saw Sam standing there. He held up his slip of paper and smirked at me. My expression, however, turned his smirk into a deep frown.