"But... why?" she asks and her eyebrows scrunch together.

"Just trust me, please?"

She's fearfully hesitant but agrees. Adjusting her arms around my neck, she closes her eyes and I carry her down the hallway.

Logan already has her things packed, waiting for me outside of her room.

"Loro sanno. Dobbiamo andarcene."

Her location is compromised now.

Logan nods, taking out his phone.

"C'è più?" he asks, looking around and I drop my eyes to Nirah, her eyes are still closed.

Of course there are more.

"Sono sicuro che ci sono. Ma non rimango a scoprirlo. Andiamo," he nods again and we make our way to downstairs and to the car.

She shivers in my arms as soon as we get outside and I smile down at her.

"You can open your eyes now."

She keeps them closed and slowly opens her left eye.

"Have you taken me through your secret portal to hell?" she whispers up at me. "Do I finally get to meet your bestie satan?" she over excitedly whispers, opening both eyes and I sigh, shaking my head down at her.

She shows me a closed mouth smile as Logan opens the passenger seat door.

I carefully set her down, fastening her seat belt.

"What happened, back there?" she asks, grabbing my arm. "There was more than one man and you told me to close my eyes. What did you do?" she softly asks and I lick the corner of my mouth.

"If I tell you, closing your eyes would've been pointless."

"Just tell me," she swallows hard. "I want to know."

"We need to get you back home," I say moving back as I close her door.

I see her eyes follow me as I walk around the car, stopping to talk to Logan. We agree on him dealing with the bodies, and the male nurse.

Nirah's doctor is a good friend of mine so it'll be easy to clean up the mess.

"Boss?" he stops me and I turn to him. "I couldn't hear everything, but there's a link between Sylvester, Nirah and the man who had abused her a few years ago. They were going to deliver her to him as one of his demands."

"Did you get a name?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"They referred to him as el demonio... which doesn't stem far from il demone in Italian."

I could almost laugh.

Speriamo che il piccolo demone sia pronto per incontrare il diavolo

"I'll take care of it," I assure him and he nods.

I get back into the car and we leave the hospital immediately.

The car ride is quiet and I turn on the heater as she tries pulling her legs up onto the seat to cover them.

My phone rings and it's Cesar.

"Boss," he immediately says. "I think I've gained a useful piece of information."

"I thought I made myself clear. Untouched."

I did say not to touch him, didn't I?

"I didn't have to lift a finger," he says and I let out a heavy sigh.